While many of us know the importance of a good night’s sleep, far too few of us actually make it a priority. Sleep is essential to our overall health and well-being and the amount of sleep one needs varies from person to person.
The National Sleep Foundation put together a list of questions to help assess how you feel after different amounts of sleep:
- Are you productive, healthy and happy on seven hours of sleep? Or does it take you nine hours of quality ZZZs to get you into high gear?
- Do you have health issues such as being overweight? Are you at risk for any disease?
- Are you experiencing sleep problems?
- Do you depend on caffeine to get you through the day?
- Do you feel sleepy when driving?
It’s important to determine the amount of sleep that works for your individual needs.
The NSF worked with eighteen leading scientists and researchers to put together the best recommendations and guidance for sleep duration and health. Since sharing their most recent findings with you last year, they have updated their recommendations to provide variability in appropriate sleep durations.
Take a look at the infographic below to see your recommended sleep time. Are you getting the proper amount of sleep?
Visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with one of our trained specialists who can help you be on your way to a better night’s sleep.