Getting massages regularly is an important aspect of preventative care as well as maintaining overall health and wellness.
From improved flexibility to reduced tension headaches and migraines, there are numerous benefits of massage therapy. Studies have shown massage therapy can relieve general pain better than medications. It can also be a helpful add-on to conventional medical care when it comes to back pain.
In addition to relaxation and finding relief from sore muscles, here are 6 reasons to get a massage:
- Manage and reduce chronic pain naturally to improve quality of life.
- Stretch tight or weak muscles.
- Less stress, depression, and anxiety through decreased levels of the stress hormone, cortisol, while feel-good hormones, serotonin and dopamine, are increased.
- Improve flexibility and range of motion, which helps to reduce and ease back pain.
- Oxygen and nutrients are kneaded through vital organs and soft tissues to improve circulation.
- Improve sleep quality.
At Relax The Back, we understand the importance of staying healthy and pain free. Even if you feel that your body is not in pain, you are not injured or you are not stressed, finding time for a massage can help prevent health issues in the future. Our selection of handheld massagers and massage chairs make it easy to incorporate massage into your routine. Visit your local Relax The Back store for an in-store massage experience in one of our massage chairs.
We’re also celebrating EveryBody Deserves a Massage week with a daily Facebook giveaway. Each year, the Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals sponsors and supports EveryBody Deserves a Massage Week to raise awareness of the benefits of massage, bodywork and somatic therapies. Visit our Facebook page for your chance to win daily massage products starting Sunday, July 12th through Saturday, July 18th. Please review our Terms and Conditions here. Good luck!