What makes massage therapy beneficial to everyday life and overall health? While the reasons for getting a massage can vary from medical purposes, to relaxation, to a special indulgence while on vacation, incorporating regular massages into your health regimen has a positive impact on your health and wellbeing.
As EveryBody Deserves a Massage week kicks off on July 10th, we wanted to take a deeper look into the benefits of massage therapy.
These are just a few of the many ways massage therapy can improve your overall health and quality of life:
- Reduce stress and anxiety: Lowering stress levels can have a positive impact on your health and wellness. Through massage therapy, stress hormones are reduced, blood pressure is lowered, and levels of serotonin and dopamine, which help reduce depression, are increased.
- Pain management: By relaxing tense muscles, massage chairs and massage productss can alleviate back, neck, and all around muscle pain. Massage therapy can also be just as or more effective than medication and acupuncture treatments.
- Better sleep: Getting enough sleep is crucial to your health. Massage therapy helps to reduce pain and stress hormones while improving your ability to fall asleep and stay asleep.
- Relieve headaches: Did you know 45 million Americans suffer from chronic migraines and headaches? Not only can massage therapy help ease the pressure and pain of headaches but regular massages can also reduce the frequency and chance of getting a headache.
- Increase range of motion and flexibility: Massage therapy works on connective tissues, muscles, ligaments, and joints. This improves blood flow and keeps joints more fluid to improve flexibility while reducing the risk of injury.
Here are our favorite types of massage products:
- Massage Chairs: Get all of the benefits of a full body massage in the comfort of your own home.
- Handheld Massagers: You’ll always have relaxation at your fingertips with our portable and travel size massage products.
- Massage Cushions: Perfect for an on-the-go massage, at the office, or in your home.
- Foot Massagers: Give tired feet a treat after a long day of work.
Visit your local Relax The Back store to test out any of the products mentioned above. Our trained specialists will show you how to get the most out of our products so you can enjoy life, pain-free.
Stay tuned for an exciting massage chair giveaway coming up! We will be announcing more details next week.