Life is all about balance. While productive work days and extracurricular activities can improve certain aspects of life, oftentimes, these busy and productive days can lead to increased stress and anxiety. Stress takes a toll on one’s overall health and wellbeing. From depression and irritability to physical pain such as dizziness, nausea, and chest pain, stress can present itself in many different ways.
With National Relaxation Day occurring on August 15th, we want to provide a few simple ways that you can de-stress and relax. Whichever way you decide to relax, use this time to fully unwind, recharge, and refocus.
- Read: Take a break from a busy day to sit back in your favorite chair with a book or magazine.
- Exercise: Physical activity can lift spirits and help beat stress. Try yoga, Pilates, or running.
- Listen to music: Whether it’s classical, country, or top 40, listening (and singing) to your favorite song can improve your mood.
- Meditate: Silent meditation has shown to relieve stress and depression.
- Massage: Headaches, muscle tension, and stress are often linked together. Massage can release tense muscles to help you feel more relaxed.
- Get in touch with your creative side: Color, paint, and calligraphy, have become popular ways to unwind and relax.
Visit your local Relax The Back store to try one out first-hand and register to WIN your very own Perfect Chair. Our trained specialists will share the many benefits of neutral posture while helping you feel the difference in comfort when you recline in the zero gravity position. Head to your local store for more details.