Summer is the perfect time for some R&R. National Relaxation Day is August 15th, and we believe that relaxation is the key ingredient in staying both happy and healthy. The day was founded all the way back in 1985 by Sean Moeller, who wanted to remind people about the importance of taking the time to slow things down and relax.
If you’re looking for a few ways to boost your mood and relax, here are some suggestions.
- Listening to music: Not only is music a calming presence, it’s also a great way to reduce stress and even lower your blood pressure.
- Going for a swim: Whether it’s at the public pool or your local gym, swimming is a low-impact exercise that will both cool you off and raise your self-esteem.
- Pick up gardening. Studies show that a hobby such as gardening can help improve your mood, and spending the day in the fresh air surrounded by nature is always recommended.
- Reading a book: Reading gives your brain a workout and is especially good for melting away stress. If you like reading in bed, try using Riter’s Real-Ease Neck Support, as it holds the head up which reduces strain on the neck muscles.
- Plan a picnic: Surrounding yourself with great people and a basket of healthy, delicious food will toss all of your worries to the side and help put things in perspective.
- Go to the movies: Spending a couple of hours in a dark, air-conditioned room is the perfect escape from all of your problems – and a great way to spend some time with family!
Another way to achieve long-lasting comfort and relaxation is through neutral posture. Spine-friendly furniture such as the Human Touch Perfect Chair allow you to easily sink into neutral posture to help you fully relax and decompress. By properly aligning our body, our bones, rather than our muscles, are supporting our weight. This is our bodies preferred state.
At Relax The Back, we understand the importance of staying happy, healthy and comfortable. This National Relaxation Day, make sure to set aside some time for yourself and enjoy the day!