Summer is the perfect time for some R&R. National Relaxation Day is August 15th, and we believe that relaxation is the key ingredient in staying both happy and healthy. The day was founded all the way back in 1985 by Sean Moeller, who wanted to remind people about the importance of taking the time to slow things down and relax.
If you’re looking for a few ways to boost your mood and relax, here are some suggestions.
- Listening to music: Not only is music a calming presence, it’s also a great way to reduce stress and even lower your blood pressure.
- Going for a swim: Whether it’s at the public pool or your local gym, swimming is a low-impact exercise that will both cool you off and raise your self-esteem.
- Pick up gardening. Studies show that a hobby such as gardening can help improve your mood, and spending the day in the fresh air surrounded by nature is always recommended.
- Reading a book: Reading gives your brain a workout and is especially good for melting away stress. If you like reading in bed, try using Riter’s Real-Ease Neck Support, as it holds the head up which reduces strain on the neck muscles.
- Plan a picnic: Surrounding yourself with great people and a basket of healthy, delicious food will toss all of your worries to the side and help put things in perspective.
- Go to the movies: Spending a couple of hours in a dark, air-conditioned room is the perfect escape from all of your problems – and a great way to spend some time with family!
Another way to achieve long-lasting comfort and relaxation is through neutral posture. Spine-friendly furniture such as the Human Touch Perfect Chair allow you to easily sink into neutral posture to help you fully relax and decompress. By properly aligning our body, our bones, rather than our muscles, are supporting our weight. This is our bodies preferred state.
At Relax The Back, we understand the importance of staying happy, healthy and comfortable. This National Relaxation Day, make sure to set aside some time for yourself and enjoy the day!
Finding time to exercise and relax during our hectic schedules can be difficult. These both play an important role in staying healthy and pain-free.
Exercise doesn’t necessarily mean hours spent at a gym. By adding simple exercises up to 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week, you’ll relax away stiffness and relieve stress. When we carve out time to work on ourselves, we improve our mood, sleep quality, brainpower, and overall happiness. We also help keep pain away before it starts by strengthening and conditioning muscles that are prone to injury.
Paired with regular exercises, relaxation through massage can improve your health. Studies show treating yourself to regular massages can have a tremendously positive impact on your overall wellness. Whether you are incorporating massage into time at the office, while on the road, or at home, you’ll ease tension and find relief throughout the day.
The products below can help you upgrade your exercise routine and your relaxation regimen.
Exercise Products For Improved Health
- Inversion Tables: Decompress your spine while improving posture and increasing flexibility and circulation. Inversion tables also help with sciatica relief.
- Foam Rollers: Our versatile foam rollers help improve flexibility, range of motion, while relieving muscle tightness. They are also an effective and inexpensive way to gain the health benefits of massage.
- CoreStretch: Feel stress dissipate as you deeply stretch, elongating your back muscles. Safely stretch your shoulders, hips, and leg muscles as well.
- InLine Traction Control System: Stay comfortable while gently stretching your whole body, from your neck down to the back of your legs.
Massage Products For Ultimate Relaxation
- Massage Chairs: From traditional style to Shiatsu massages, massage chairs reduce tension headaches, increase blood flow, help you manage and reduce chronic pain, improve sleep quality, and much more.
- Theracane: Self-massage tools like the Theracane allow you to find relief from muscle tension, soreness, and pain, on the go.
- Foot Massager: Tired feet deserve relief. Foot massagers provide custom massages by allowing you to specify settings.
- Massage Cushions: Ideal for in the office or during long commutes, massage cushions release tense muscles during a soothing back or neck massage.
Visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with a trained specialist and try out our exercise and massage products. Through one-on-one support, our team will help you find the product solution to ensure you have the exercise and massage solutions that fit your specific lifestyle. Follow our 24-hour approach to comfort and wellness on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest for more tools to achieve ‘round the clock personalized relief.
A new year is officially upon us and with that comes new goals and wishes for our health and happiness. Making time to relax and find relief in our busy lives should be a priority. Overtime, chronic stress can cause serious mental, physical, and emotional harm.
Irritability and anger due to stress can arise when dealing with everyday challenges such as traffic, work, bills, and family, to name a few. It can also lead to health concerns such as cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, or a lowered immune system.
This year, take control of your stress. Understand your personal limitations and be mindful of situations that make you feel overwhelmed.
We’ve put together this helpful infographic to provide tips on ways you can relieve stress, improve your mood, and improve your overall quality of life. In addition to our New Year’s resolutions for a stress-free year, these relief tips can help you relax and unwind throughout 2017.
Whether 2016 was your best year yet or one you are looking forward to putting behind you, we are days away from a fresh start. While we are always advocates of New Year’s resolutions that focus on being more active, eating better, and making sleep a priority, we wanted to share a few resolutions that can help you have a more relaxed and stress-free 2017.
Add these to your resolutions this year and vow to have a happier, stress-free year. Find more inspiration with our past resolutions for a healthier new year and resolutions for a pain-free new year.
- Make time for yourself: Whether it’s daily, weekly, or monthly, make time to check-in with yourself and do something for you. Go to your favorite workout class once a week, take nightly baths, journal before bed each night. Do more of the things that help you feel relaxed and happy.
- Get outside more: Enjoy the sunlight and outdoors. Bright, natural light is known to help relieve stress, depression, and improve overall happiness.
- Socialize: Close family and good friends can greatly improve quality of life. This year, improve on the relationships you already have, find new, healthy relationships, and let go of those that cause more frustration and stress than happiness.
- Tap into your creative side: Start a new hobby, write, draw, color, listen to, or even try composing, music. Having a hobby can help reduce stress relief by providing an outlet for mental stimulation. Trying new things is also a great way to find a new passion.
We hope everyone in our community had a wonderful holiday season. Happy New Year!