October is National Spinal Health Month. Our spines are our core, connecting muscles, ligaments and nerves throughout our body. This means spinal health a key component in your overall health.
Studies indicate poor posture is a main cause of back and neck pain. Poor posture can cause damage to the vertebrae, joints, and spinal discs due to increased pressure being placed on the spine. This can lead to neck and back pain as well as pain in weight bearing joints such as your knees and hips. Poor posture has other effects on your health such as decreased energy levels because of restricted blood and oxygen flow and digestive problems such as acid reflux.
Fortunately, there are non-surgical solutions when it comes to treating most back and neck pain symptoms. Founded on the principles of the McKenzie Method, we believe maintaining a self-care routine and actively learning how you can better your back and spinal health is the best way to achieve long lasting improvement of back and neck pain.
Add our back care essentials into your self-care routine for lasting relief.
- Theracane ($30) Release muscle tension where you need it most through targeted pressure.
- Roam Rollers (as low as $15) Improve flexibility and strength while relieving muscle stiffness and tension.
- Treat Your Own Back/Neck Books ($9/each) Learn the importance of how different positions when seated, reclining, and sleeping affect our spinal health.
- Real EaSE Neck Support ($23) Find deep relaxation and comfort in your neck and shoulder muscles.
- Medibeads for Relax The Back (as low as $24) Soothe aching muscles with heat therapy.
- The McKenzie Original Lumbar Roll™ ($16) Alleviate lower back pain wherever you are. Our portable lumbar cushion provides firm support and spinal alignment.
October also celebrates Physical Therapists and Chiropractors for their work in restoring movement in people’s lives. They are an excellent resource for those requiring a conservative, non-surgical, care specialist.