While our neck, back, and shoulders get most of the attention when it comes to relaxation and relief, our hips, knees, and feet are just as important. From your head to your toes, every muscle in your body deserves attention and proper support.
With these targeted solutions, you can achieve total body wellness to feel your best during your daily activities and enjoy your life free of discomfort.
Neck pain has become more common as many people lead a sedentary lifestyle. Build strength in your neck to help ease tension.
- Stretching and strengthening exercises focused on the neck muscles can be extremely helpful in preventing discomfort and pain.
- Deep kneading Therapeutic Massagers loosens muscles and reduces aches.
- Stay hydrated. The discs in your spine require water in order to both maintain proper alignment and take pressure off the spine, thus reducing neck pain.
- With a memory foam interior, the Neck Sofa keeps you properly aligned for lasting support.
Full range of motion through your arms and shoulders allows you to feel your best every day. Alleviate shoulder stress, stiffness, and soreness to improve your overall well-being.
- Lighten up those heavy bags. Carrying a heavy purse or bag can put stress on your shoulders and surrounding muscles. If you have to carry a lot with you, consider a two-strap backpack.
- Quality pillows provide relief to the shoulders, head, and neck for comfort all night long. Try the TEMPUR Contour Side-to-Side pillow for a deeper, more restful sleep.
- Before heading out, be sure to engage in some light exercise and stretching which helps to warm up your shoulder muscles for increased circulation.
Back pain is one of the most common reasons for missing work or going to the doctors. Relieving existing back pain and reducing recurring flare ups can lead to an improved quality of life.
- Back cushions offer proper ergonomic support and comfort for long working days or your daily commute.
- Take a warm bath to release tense back muscles. This will also help you unwind and relax before bed.
- Find back tension relief and relaxation anytime with a Kneading Back Massage Cushion.
- Improve balance, strength, and overall flexibility with foam rollers.
Hips & Knees
Proper spine support starts with the hips and knees. Whether sitting or sleeping, relieve pressure for ease of movement and mobility.
- Align your hips and spine for sound sleep free from pain with the ContourSleep Posture Cushion.
- Strengthen your knee muscles and increase flexibility with simple cardio exercises, such as walking, stationary cycling, and swimming.
- Reduce workday strain, align your body, and improve leg circulation with a rocking footrest.
It’s important to give your feet a break. Increase circulation to reduce foot pain and relieve pressure with motion, massage, and support.
- Exercise your feet periodically throughout the day. When standing for long periods of time, try occasionally walking in place and stretching your feet whenever they feel tense or cramped.
- Rejuvenating rollers and kneading air from foot massagers can provide tension relief.
- Make sure you wear shoes with thicker soles, which benefit and shield the feet from rugged surfaces and pavements. Also, wear insoles to prevent discomfort and fatigue.
- Add cooling relief to reduce sore muscles with the freezable Foot Pro Massager.
From everyday wellness to targeted pain relief, at Relax The Back you’ll find solutions specifically designed to improve your life from head to toe. Visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with our trained specialists to see product solutions that will help you live your best life.
Tax day is just around the corner and this year, planning for the future is top of mind for many Americas. According to the annual Tax Returns Survey, 49.2% of those expecting to receive a refund plan to save the money to improve their financial health by planning for future purchases, paying down debt, and getting closer to savings goals. While many are putting their refund into savings, others plan to use their refund for everyday expenses, indulging in salon or spa services, or big purchases like a TV or car.
If you’re expecting some money from Uncle Sam this year, we recommend using part of your refund to invest in your health. Caring for and maintaining your overall health and wellness with help prevent pain and discomfort from escalating to more severe conditions and reduce the chance of high medical bills in the future.
Here are a few of our favorite healthy ways to spend your tax return this year:
- Invest in your work – With most of our waking hours being spent at an office, it’s important to have spine-friendly office equipment. Whether it’s a standing desk, ergonomic office chair, or footrest, we can help you create the perfect ergonomic workstation to keep you pain-free and productive throughout the day.
- Invest in fitness – Upgrade your home gym this tax season. Release and massage away muscle tension with our variety of foam rollers, decompress your spine while increasing flexibility and circulation with a Mastercare Inversion Table, or give yourself a total body massage with the Moji Curve Pro Handheld Massager.
- Invest in sleep: Many health concerns can improve with a good night’s rest. Invest in a quality mattress, mattress topper, or pillow to improve the quality of your sleep while reducing your risk of stroke, weight gain, and memory loss.
- Invest in relief – Reduce stress and aches after a long day with a massage. Find comfort, relaxation, and a therapeutic experience in the comfort of your own home when you invest in a massage chair, handheld massagers, or a massage cushion.
- Invest in memories – Above all else, invest in memories and experiences with the ones you love. Take a trip or sign up for a cooking class – these activities can lead to increased happiness and health and will provide lasting memories with loved ones.
When it comes to your home, office, or bedroom, you’ll find the right product for your needs with the help of our trained specialists. Since no one body is the same, our experts will speak with you to determined what pains and discomfort you experience daily, while showing you a number of product solutions to provide relief. When you visit your local Relax The back location, you have the opportunity to test each and every product while receiving one-on-one support to ensure you can maintain pain-free living wherever you are.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter to find more pain-free and healthy living tips.
After the holidays and with the start of a New Year, we often find ourselves reflecting on the past year and looking forward to a fresh start. If taking better care of yourself and getting healthy are part of your plan, try these ways to help improve your health in 2016:
- Make realistic resolutions and goals: Strive for goals that are attainable. Instead of creating a long list of resolutions that exceed your current lifestyle, pick 2-3 goals that can be broken down into sub-goals. This will help you measure and achieve your resolutions. For instance, limit intake of foods you may enjoy but find less healthy, not completely avoiding it at first, and increasing weekly workouts to 1-2 additional days; eventually working up to daily workouts and elimination of all unhealthy foods in your diet.
- Make a plan: There’s still plenty of time to make goals and a plan for 2016 to improve your health. Sit down, write down your goals, and create a plan to work towards those in the New Year. Decide how you’ll handle temptations, as well as how you’ll reward yourself for making small victories. It’s important to not feel rushed or stressed when deciding on ways to improve your health. Your mindset should be clear and focused on improvement.
- Find what makes you happy: So often we pick ways to improve our lifestyles or our health based on what we believe to be “the norm”. Making the decision to improve your health should include things that truly make you happy. If you enjoy walking or hiking instead of yoga, add a weekly hike to your schedule instead of signing up for unlimited yoga classes. Go to the spa to relax or take time for regular massages. Find activities and nutrition plans that work for you. This way you’re setting yourself up for success, not failure.
- Improve Comfort: From the office to the bedroom, improving comfort will lead to improving your health and overall wellness. Reducing daily pain and discomforts can help you live a more comfortable and productive lifestyle. Visit your local Relax The Back location to speak with a trained specialist who can help you find product solutions for your specific needs. Whether you’re working in an office from 9-5, commuting for work, or having difficulty sleeping, we can help you improve your health and have your best year yet!