A pillow is more than just a place to rest your head. It is vital to your best night’s sleep. Using a pillow that fully supports your head, neck, and shoulders allows you to rest comfortably throughout the night.
When did you replace your pillows last? The National Sleep Foundation recommends replacing your pillows every two years. Though, the best way to know if it is time to replace your pillows is to evaluate your sleep quality and comfort levels when you wake up. If you are feeling stiff and your body is no longer being supported or you are unable to stay in a neutral position, your sleep setting needs an upgrade.
If it is time for you to replace your pillows, use this as a guide to help you find the right one for you.
- Consider your preferred sleep position: It’s important to maintain our neck’s natural curve. Different pillows provide different support based on your sleeping style. Back sleepers should look for a medium support pillow such as the TEMPUR-Neck Pillow. If you prefer to sleep on your side, a pillow that is high with firm support will help you maintain proper spinal alignment throughout the night. Try our ContourSide Pillow by Relax The Back.
- Determine a budget: Once you have established a budget you are comfortable with, speak with our sales associates to see the selection of pillows we offer that fit into your budget and match your sleeping style.
- Utilize our sleep experts: We understand no two bodies are the same. Our trained associates can help you find a pillow that supports your head, neck, and spine for lasting comfort. Determine the best size and firmness that is perfect for you by testing out pillows in one of our stores.
- Personalized support and comfort: Pillows are not one size fits all. From preferred sleep positions, to the type of mattress you sleep on, to your body type, there are many factors that determine the best pillow for your specific needs. The key to a better night’s sleep is finding a pillow that correctly aligns the head and spine for maximum comfort and pressure relief.
- Test it out and give it time: When you visit one of our stores, you have the ability to try numerous pillows. Lay on a pillow for at least 10 minutes and gauge your comfort levels. Does your neck feel supported? Do you feel your neck bending forward or to one side? It is important to get fitted for a pillow that allows your head, neck, and shoulders to be aligned. Once you are home, it may take a few days to adjust to sleeping on a new surface. Give your body time.
Finding the perfect pillow for your body type and sleep type is essential for your overall health and well-being. It’s amazing what a quality pillow and better night’s rest can do for your mind and body. Wake up feeling revitalized, refreshed, and ready to start your day.
Visit your local Relax The Back location to find your perfect fit today.
Life is all about balance. Think about your current routine when you get home from work. How often do you come home, sit down in your favorite chair, turn on the TV, and spend the rest of your evening there? Do you have difficulty turning off work mode, continuing to answer emails and finishing projects after you’ve left the office? While we understand there are days where you need to finish work, or you want to catch up on TV shows, doing so time and time again can leave you feeling burnt out and unfulfilled.
We all deserve a break from our busy lives. Create an after-work routine that makes the most of your time and one that will leave you feeling relaxed with these helpful tips.
- Put your computer away, turn off email alerts: Possibly the most important task of all – set boundaries for work life and personal life. Do your best to leave work at work. Take a break from electronics by turning off your work email, putting away your computer, and being present with yourself or your family at home.
- Read a book or listen to music: Instead of turning the TV on, listen to some soothing music or settle in with a book. Enjoy the peace and quiet and use this time to fully relax and unwind.
- Prep for the next day: Make a list of tasks you would like to accomplish and items you may need the next day. This could be snacks, your workout gear, your computer charger, your lunch, etc. You’ll feel prepared for the day ahead and you’ll be able to fully relax without worrying about forgetting something.
- Set aside time to learn something new: Get your creative juices flowing. Learn a new language with apps like Duolingo, sign up for a free class on Skillshare, cook a new meal with the help of HelloFresh or Blue Apron. You will feel more accomplished and satisfied with your time at home if you’re working on something you enjoy.
- Make time for massage: Have some much needed “me-time” to fully decompress, release the tension and stresses of the day, and allow for uninterrupted massages. Find relief and relaxation with our wide range of massage products.
We hope these tips are useful in having more relaxing nights at home. If you’re looking for even more ways to relax at home, visit your local Relax The Back location to speak with our trained specialists. They can show you our full line of massage chairs, recliners, and massage products for ultimate relaxation at home.
If sleeping with your significant other is a struggle, you’re not alone. 85% of American adults report they have problems sleeping at night with 40% of those adults saying it is due to their spouse or partner tossing and turning. There are numerous studies that suggest sleeping together has a positive impact on one’s health, and more and more adults are sleeping separately in order to get a better night’s sleep. Tossing and turning, snoring, temperature control, and distractions can have negative effects on your sleep quality and health and are common reasons adults are sleeping apart.
Follow these 7 tips to help the two of you sleep better together:
- Get fitted for a pillow. Find a pillow that fits your specific sleeping style and body type and be sure to replace it every two to three years. Over time, pillows can collect bacteria, mold, and dust mites to become unhealthy to sleep on as well as change shape.
- Invest in the best mattress. Along with your pillow, your mattress is key to helping you fall asleep and stay asleep. Our trained sleep experts can work with you to show you numerous mattress options based on preferences of both you and your partner. A memory foam mattress is a great option for couples as it diminishes the effects of tossing and turning throughout the night.
- Minimize disruptions. Cover electronic screens, use a sleep mask or purchase heavy shades or curtains to help keep distracting lights away. If possible, keep the kids and pets out of the bed and be sure to turn phones off or on silent.
- Stagger bedtimes. If your partner is keeping you up with their snoring or tossing and turning, going to bed at different times can be a resolution. Try going to sleep first, then have them join once you’ve fallen into a deep sleep.
- Control the temperature. Many couples have different preferences when it comes to sleep temperature. Have an extra set of blankets just for you if you tend to be a cold sleeper. If you’re a hot sleeper, invest in gel sleeping products that will keep you cool and comfortable throughout the night.
- Silence is golden. Consider earplugs or earmuffs to quiet outside noises or your partner snoring. A vibrating alarm clock is another option if you wake up at different times.
- Unwinding after a long day can sometimes be difficult. At the end of the day, this is your time to reconnect with your partner, relax, and be present in the moment.
Visit your local Relax The Back store to try our sleep products out first hand. We can help you determine the best products for your sleeping situation so you and your partner can be on your way to a better night’s sleep.
Sleep easier this summer and save up to $500 off Tempur-Breeze mattress sets. Get free White Glove delivery going on until July 16th and apply for 48-month no interest financing. For a limited time, also receive $25 off select pillows when you use the code PILLOW25.
Whether you are traveling for vacation or you are commuting to work, the products you surround yourself with can have a big impact on your overall health. By optimizing your traveling habits to fit your specific needs, you can increase comfort and prevent pain before it begins. These travel products will help you get to your final destinations with proper support.
Airline and train seats aren’t known for their outstanding lumbar support. Bringing along a back cushion will ensure you have extra spinal support during your travels. Those who suffer from a herniated disc or sciatica can benefit from using a back cushion. The Self-Inflating Back Rest is an easily portable lumbar support perfect for traveling or for use during your commute. The JazzRX is instantly adjustable allowing for maximum positioning flexibility and relief where you need it most.
Neck pillows and supports help you maintain posture while sitting or sleeping, while also relieving neck strain associated with standard seating. Travel pillows are light and portable so you can find comfort in airplanes, trains, or cars. While driving or flying, the Tempur-Pedic U-Shaped Travel Pillow eliminates pressure points while preventing back and neck pain. Staying at a hotel? The ContourSide travel pillow is soothing on the face while also providing jaw and ear pressure relief. You can rest comfortably and maintain proper posture wherever you go.
Promote a healthy back and remain pain-free with our wide variety of seat cushions. Seat cushions provide relief for those suffering from pelvis pain, coccyx pain, and sciatica. The Technogel Living Seat Cushion and the ContourSit Ergonomic Seat Cushion both provide additional spinal and hip support allowing you to sit in the ergonomically correct “S” curve position. These are ideal for cars with bucket seats. For those who require extra support to ensure comfort, the Sacro Ease Back Support provides personalized lumbar and seated support for lasting comfort while traveling. It is custom-bent to fit your specific needs and ideal for those who drive a Prius, or a car where the built-in seating may not provide enough support.
Visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with a trained specialist and try out our travel products. Through one-on-one support, our team will help you find the product solution to ensure you are traveling comfortably without pain. Follow our 24-hour approach to comfort and wellness on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest for more tools to achieve ‘round the clock personalized relief.
Those who suffer from sleep apnea, acid reflux, or who experience leg or back pain while sleeping, can benefit from using bed wedges and support pillows. Positioning pillows are moderately firm pillows that are tapered in a way to allow you to easily add extra support where you need it most. From lumbar pads, to knee spacers, to multi-piece systems, a wedge or pillow can be used on any standard mattress to ensure you’re getting a quality night’s sleep.
These positioning pillows will help you find ultimate comfort, pain relief, and quality sleep.
- Bed Wedges: Those who suffer from sleep apnea, acid reflux, or who experience leg or back pain while sleeping, can benefit from using bed wedges. Wedges provide customized comfort and help alleviate pressure on your spine, improve circulation, and reduce low back pain and muscle tension.
- Bed wedge systems: If you’re looking for a more affordable option with the benefits of an adjustable bed system, try an adjustable bed wedge system. Wedge systems to allow you to sit upright or lie back in a neutral posture position. Multi-piece systems, like the PureFit Adjustable Wedge System, work to gently support your back and neck while your legs rest in a knees-bent position.
- Knee Spacers: Reduce stiffness and relieve hip pain, leg pain, and joint pain throughout the night with the help of an ergonomic knee spacer, such as the ContourSleep Knee Spacer.
- Full Body Comfort: Body pillows helps those with injuries, a chronic condition, or women who are pregnant, find deep, relaxing support and spinal alignment no matter the position.
Stop by your local Relax The Back location to try out the many different shapes, styles, and brands of positioning pillows for your preferred sleep position. Our sleep experts will work with you to find a pillow that fits your body type, sleep style, and preference. Through one-on-one support, we will determine the best fit based on any pain or discomfort you experience throughout the day.
Visit us today and be on your way to a better night’s sleep.
Studies continue to show the positive effects massage therapy has on one’s health. Getting massages regularly can greatly improve your mental, physical, and emotional wellness. With our line of massage chairs, a therapeutic massage can take place any time of day, for any amount of time, in the privacy of your own home.
Massage therapy benefits
Massage therapy can be beneficial to all; especially those who are experiencing pain and discomfort throughout the day. Along with reducing soreness and aiding in relaxation, massages help:
- Reduce the amount of tension headaches and migraines by allowing the body to maintain a level of relaxation and stress-relief.
- Improve circulation due to oxygen and nutrients being kneaded through soft tissues and vital organs.
- Stretch tight or weak muscles.
- Reduce and ease back pain through improved flexibility and range of motion.
- Improved sleep quality.
- Decrease the stress hormone, cortisol, while increasing the feel-good hormones, dopamine and serotonin, resulting in less stress, depression, and anxiety.
- Manage and reduce chronic pain naturally to improve quality of life.
Choosing a massage chair
When it comes to massage and other comfort-related products, choosing a massage chair should come down to personal preference. We recommend visiting your local Relax The Back store to test out different styles of massage chairs. Our trained specialists can help you find the perfect chair for your specific needs.
When choosing your massage chair, here are some general guidelines to follow:
- Comfort level of chair: Some massage chairs have certain contours or shapes that will fit a particular body shape or need. Sit down in different types of chairs to find one that works with your body and specific needs.
- Strength of massage: The strength and type of massage varies from model to model. Let our specialists know which type of massages you prefer – are you are looking for a softer massage with targeted relief areas or a more intense, vigorous massage? Perhaps you enjoy heated massages? The DreamWave Massage Chair by Inada, for instance, features a heated seat and offers a Shiatsu style massage whereas the Zen 3D Massage Chair by Relax The Back includes 5 massage programs ranging from Swedish, to Shiatsu, to Air massage.
- Personalization and presets of a chair: As noted above, some massage chairs come with preset massage programs. Take time to experience these preset programs and settings when testing out each chair. Some chairs offer more variability, which works well for a chair that will have multiple users.
- Additional features and accessories: Certain massage chairs allow you to recline to zero-gravity, such as the Human Touch ZeroG 4.0. Some chairs include a foot and calf massager, which also acts as an extended leg rest. The Ultimate Smart Chair by Relax The Back comes with a tablet to customize user profiles, a USB port and speakers with Bluetooth capacity for listening to music or watching movies. Look into all options available to you when choosing your massage chair.
- Appearance: There are many fabric and material combinations to choose from as well as shapes and sizes and prices to fit your budget of massage chairs.
Head to your local Relax The Back store to try available massage chairs in your area. You can also visit us at relaxtheback.com to see our full line of massage chairs and other massage products.
With March Madness around the corner, it’s time to fill out those brackets and get your Man Cave ready for college basketball. We often talk about the importance of sleep comfort and creating a comfortable workstation and your home should be no different.
Below you will find some of our top Man Cave picks to ensure you are watching your favorite sports teams in total comfort and relaxation.
- Sit back with ease and allow your muscles, joints and spine to recover from the effects of gravity with the Zero Gravity Perfect Chair. Add an Accessory Tableor a Wedge Table, if you have two or more chairs, to hold snacks and drinks. For a limited time, save $500 on our Premium Leather Perfect Chairs!
- Feel back pain and the stress of the day melt away with our heated Kneading Back Cushion.
- Spend those timeouts and TV-breaks decompressing your spine with an Inversion Table. Inversion therapy relieves pressure on your spine, thus relieving muscle stiffness, back pain, and shoulder tension.
- Relax after a long day at work with a therapeutic massage. Create a truly customized massage experience with our Zen 3D Massage Chair. Five programs allow you to adjust every inch of your massage, listen to soothing music, and turn on mood-enhancing therapy lighting for a complete relaxation experience.Foot Massagers, such as the Haven Foot Massager, can relieve fatigue, encourage relaxation, and help improve blood circulation.
What are your must-haves for the perfect Man Cave? Visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with one of our trained specialists who can help you find the perfect products for your specific needs.
‘Tis the season for giving and Relax The Back would like to give back to our community. Over the next 7 weeks we will be giving away products during our “Gifts of Comfort” Giveaway. We hope these products will help you enjoy the holidays, and beyond, in relaxation and ultimate comfort.
To enter, simply visit our Facebook page and Like or Comment on the given week’s giveaway prize to be entered to win. A new giveaway prize will be revealed every week. Winners will be selected weekly, at random, prior to the new prize being announced. You may enter as many times as you wish.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for our holiday promotions and tops to stay pain-free and stress-free this holiday season! See official Terms and Conditions for more information.
At Relax The Back, we truly believe nothing brings joy like the gift of comfort. Show your loved ones how much you care with a gift that keeps on giving. We’ve put together a list of our favorite affordable gifts that are sure to relieve pain and discomforts, aid in relaxation, and bring comfort to all members of the family. If you’re wondering what to get friends and family this holiday season look no further. Here are some great affordable gifts to wrap up relief:
- Theracane ($35): Relieve stiffness and pain as you control the pressure to massage deep into tense muscles. Perfect for anyone on the go.
- CoreStretch ($70): Perfect for the office or while on vacation, the CoreStretch helps you safely stretch muscles, tendons, and ligaments in your back, shoulders, hips, and legs. Reduce pain, enhance mobility, and increase flexibility with this lightweight, portable tool.
- Slatted Footrest ($69): Footrests help align feet with the rest of the body to help reduce strain on your back and neck muscles.
- Lumbar Extender ($99): 5 minutes, 2 times a day is all you need to relieve back pain with the Lumbar Extender. Targeted pressure is applied along your vertebrae to release tension and enhance muscle relaxation.
- Neck & Shoulder Massager ($149): Find relief after your holiday travels with the powerful percussive action of this Neck and Shoulder wrap. With built-in heat and 20 automated programs, you’ll loosen muscles and quiet aches.
- Haven Foot Massager ($249): Give tired feet a comfortable treat with total reflexology. The Haven Foot Massager uses rejuvenating rollers, kneading air massage, optional deep heat therapy and two tension-relieving programs.
- Sit-to-Stand WorkPad ($299): Give the gift of mobility in the workspace. This ergonomic work stand can be rolled anywhere. The single-handed height adjustment allows for immediate and effortless transition from sitting to standing.
Treat your loved ones (or yourself) with something special this year. Visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with a trained specialist who can help you find the perfect gift based on specific needs. Also be sure to visit us online (www.relaxtheback.com) and on Facebook and Twitter.
Every year flowers are bought, breakfast in bed is made, and cards are given to Moms on Mother’s Day. But why not get her something that she can enjoy all year long?
Relax The Back has the perfect gift for any mother who could use more relaxation in their life. These products will help relieve back, neck, shoulder, and other physical pains she may have. Give a gift that will last her years to come and provide comfort and relaxation whenever she needs it.
Here are 5 of our favourite Mother’s Day gifts:
- Kneading Back Massage Cushion – after a long day working at the office or around the house, give the gift of soothing massages anytime she wants.
- Monitor Mount iPad Holder – for the tech savvy mom, this eases and minimizes eye and neck strain.
- Original Backnobber II – a simple, portable tool for self deep-muscle massages that any on-the-go mom will enjoy.
- Foot Log – busy moms who are on their feet all day, whether in the kitchen or running errands can relieve the pressure in aching feet anywhere, anytime in just ten minutes.
- Wrap-Around Neck Pillow with Lavender – offer the hardworking mom a relaxing, spa-like experience with comfortable head and neck support.
To treat the mother(s) in your life to something truly special this year, visit us in-store, online (www.relaxtheback.com) and on Facebook or Twitter.