Movement and support at the office is key to being happy and healthy at work. Think about the structure of our skeleton, our muscles, and our ligaments. Our bodies are made to move. By moving often, our muscles stay loose and warm, free of tension, our circulation is improved, and we simply feel better inside and out.
While incorporating movement into your daily work routine is important, the way your office supports you is also a factor to consider. Your office equipment should allow for flexibility and support where you need it most. From your neck and shoulders, down to your legs and feet, quality ergonomic office equipment promotes proper posture, comfort and wellness throughout the day while allowing the flexibility to easily move about.
Make comfort and productivity a priority in the office. Try these tips to help you incorporate movement into your day for a happier, healthier workspace.
- Stretch often: Increase energy, relax muscle stiffness, and reduce stress with simple stretches that can be done right at your desk.
- Take a break: Beat the afternoon slump with movement early and often. Making time to stretch and move is key. By taking breaks, you’re also allowing yourself to collect your thoughts and ideas for current or future projects as well as de-stressing and releasing tension.
- Stay hydrated: Bring a large water bottle (16- to 20-oz) with you to work to fill up throughout the day. Work on finishing and refilling the bottle at least three times.
- Set daily alarms: One way to remember to drink water and move around is to set alarms. Set them on your phone or computer to go off throughout the day as a quick reminder.
- Invest in products that promote movement: Standing desks allow you to easily change positions throughout the day and promote energy and productivity. Rocking footrests help keep your legs active while you work, improving your circulation. Ergonomic office chairs with Core-Flex technology strengthen the spine while promoting constant, natural motion when seated.
Visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with our trained specialists and try out our wide selection of our office products. Our experts will come to your home or office, complete an ergonomic assessment and help you find the product solution to ensure you’re working comfortably throughout your entire day. Follow us Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest for more tools to achieve ‘round the clock personalized comfort.