Stretching is an important factor when determining our overall health and wellness, yet it is often an overlooked part of our regular exercise routine. Whether you live an active life or a sedentary one, the benefits of stretching are far too important to neglect. Stretching not only helps improve joint range of motion and muscle tension relief, it can also improve your sleep. After a quick stretch routine, our bodies feel more relaxed helping us fall into a deeper sleep.
Here are a few other benefits of stretching including a great infographic of a stretch routine you can do after a workout or before bed.
- Flexibility: Stretching helps keep our body and muscles flexible, aligned and in working order. Increase range of motion to ensure good posture, balance and proper movement while improving mobility and reducing stiffness.
- Relaxation: Relieve tension to feel more relaxed. Stretching helps relax your body and your mind. You’ll be more focused and better able to manage stress.
- Pain Prevention: By improving the flexibility of our muscles and joints, we are able to increase our range of motion and prevent injury trigger points.
Consider incorporating this routine, or one that is similar, into your regular exercise regimen. Foam rollers, Inversion Tables, and our Back Support and Stretcher are great tools to help you stretch in the comfort of your own home. For more information on how to stretch using proper technique, try our definitive book or visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with one of our trained specialists for recommendations tailored to your specific needs and abilities.
At Relax The Back, we believe in a 24-hour approach to pain relief. This means providing solutions to back pain and discomfort at work, during your commute, and at home. Oftentimes, pain and discomfort doesn’t go away when you walk through your front door.
If you experience pain at home, we’re here to help.
“In our store we help people focus, discern, and prioritize their health and pain concerns. We strive to match them with the most effective and cost saving approach and product.”- Astrid Frayne, from our Victoria, BC location.
Through individualized attention, our trained specialists will help you find the best product solution for your needs. When visiting one of our many locations, you have the opportunity to try products that address your specific pain concerns. Feel the difference of a full body massage or targeted relief with handheld massagers, like the Theracane. Recline into zero gravity comfort and decompress the spine or experience spinal pressure relief using an inversion table.
Here are some of our franchisee owners’ favorite products to help you relax in comfort at home:
- Zero Gravity Recliners: Elevate legs, decompress your spine, and reduce stress in this neutral posture position. This is by far our franchise owners’ favorite!
- Massage Chairs: From shiatsu to traditional style massages, massage chairs increase blood flow and comfort at home.
- Handheld massagers: These provide targeted therapy to soothe muscles.
- Foot massagers: Use rejuvenating rollers and air massage to relieve tension after a long day at work.
- Inversion Tables: Counteract the force of gravity on the spine to relieve back pain.
- Foam Rollers: Rollers help improve flexibility, relieve muscle tightness, and are used for soft tissue mobilization.
If you are experience pain and discomfort at home, visit your local Relax The Back location to speak with a trained specialist who can help you try our numerous home, fitness, and massage products to help you relax in comfort at home.