A pillow is more than just a place to rest your head. It is vital to your best night’s sleep. Using a pillow that fully supports your head, neck, and shoulders allows you to rest comfortably throughout the night.
When did you replace your pillows last? The National Sleep Foundation recommends replacing your pillows every two years. Though, the best way to know if it is time to replace your pillows is to evaluate your sleep quality and comfort levels when you wake up. If you are feeling stiff and your body is no longer being supported or you are unable to stay in a neutral position, your sleep setting needs an upgrade.
If it is time for you to replace your pillows, use this as a guide to help you find the right one for you.
- Consider your preferred sleep position: It’s important to maintain our neck’s natural curve. Different pillows provide different support based on your sleeping style. Back sleepers should look for a medium support pillow such as the TEMPUR-Neck Pillow. If you prefer to sleep on your side, a pillow that is high with firm support will help you maintain proper spinal alignment throughout the night. Try our ContourSide Pillow by Relax The Back.
- Determine a budget: Once you have established a budget you are comfortable with, speak with our sales associates to see the selection of pillows we offer that fit into your budget and match your sleeping style.
- Utilize our sleep experts: We understand no two bodies are the same. Our trained associates can help you find a pillow that supports your head, neck, and spine for lasting comfort. Determine the best size and firmness that is perfect for you by testing out pillows in one of our stores.
- Personalized support and comfort: Pillows are not one size fits all. From preferred sleep positions, to the type of mattress you sleep on, to your body type, there are many factors that determine the best pillow for your specific needs. The key to a better night’s sleep is finding a pillow that correctly aligns the head and spine for maximum comfort and pressure relief.
- Test it out and give it time: When you visit one of our stores, you have the ability to try numerous pillows. Lay on a pillow for at least 10 minutes and gauge your comfort levels. Does your neck feel supported? Do you feel your neck bending forward or to one side? It is important to get fitted for a pillow that allows your head, neck, and shoulders to be aligned. Once you are home, it may take a few days to adjust to sleeping on a new surface. Give your body time.
Finding the perfect pillow for your body type and sleep type is essential for your overall health and well-being. It’s amazing what a quality pillow and better night’s rest can do for your mind and body. Wake up feeling revitalized, refreshed, and ready to start your day.
Visit your local Relax The Back location to find your perfect fit today.
Everyone on your gift list can appreciate a great night of sleep. Help create a sleep sanctuary by gifting sleep products that will aid in quality rest and relaxation. With the right amount of sleep, we are able to lead more productive, energetic, and happier lives. Our physical, mental, and emotional health all improve when we are able to relax more, sleep better, and create healthier sleeping habits.
Wrap up a few of our favorite sleep products to help you and your loved ones sleep better all year long.
- Snoozer Body Pillow: Ergonomic full body support is a gift everyone can enjoy. The J-shape design of this pillow promotes spinal alignment, enhanced muscular relaxation, improved circulation, and overall sleep quality.
- PureRelax Mattress Topper: Give the gift of all night comfort with this gel-infused memory foam topper that dissipates heat away from the body while providing lasting support.
- ContourSleep Bed Wedge System: Help your loved one find the perfect position for ultimate relaxation. Versatile wedges allow added support where it’s needed most.
- Sleep Mask by Tempur-Pedic: Don’t let light keep you or your loved one awake. This sleep mask is perfect for sleeping on a plane, in a hotel room, or grabbing an afternoon nap.
- Technogel Anatomic Gel Pillow : A layer of cooling gel with a memory foam design make this a cool, comfortable gift option this season. Receive a free gel travel pillow when you purchase 2 Technogel pillows ($109 value) until 12/31.
- TEMPUR-Flex Elite: Support that moves with you? Now, that’s a gift! This mattress has a dynamically responsive feel that is both comfortable and supportive where you need it most.
Visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with a trained associate who can help you find the perfect gift based on your specific needs. We give our customers one-on-one support to ensure they are going home with the best product solutions for themselves or someone in their life. Visit us online at RelaxTheBack.com and on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest for more holiday tips and gift guides.
Sleep is a core part of everyone’s health. But are you getting enough? If you wake up feeling groggy, chances are you’re not getting quality sleep. Nearly eight in 10 Americans believe they would be more prepared for the day and would feel better if they got just one more hour of sleep.
Thankfully, there are techniques that can help you get some extra shut eye. By incorporating the tips we’ve outline below, you can create healthy sleep habits. When we are getting adequate sleep, we’re improving our cognitive function, cardiovascular health and our personal performance.
Be on your way to a better night’s rest with these tips and tricks:
- Try aromatherapy oils: Essential oils can help calm the mind and put you in a state of relaxation. The scent of lavender is known for its sleep benefits. Spray your pillow or diffuse oils as you are getting ready for bed.
- Stretch and exercise the neck before bed: Strengthening your neck with certain exercises can be helpful in preventing pain, so you can fall asleep easier and wake up feeling better.
- Create the ultimate sleep environment: Make your room a sleep oasis by incorporating pieces that calm you; light colors, comfortable bedding, and quality sleep products. Think cool, dark, and quiet when putting together your space.
- Listen to soothing music: Turn on a sleep inspired playlist that lasts 30-45 minutes. Soothing tunes will drown out noises from neighbors or the outdoors.
- Minimize any disruptions: Cover electronic screens, use a sleep mask, or purchase heavy shades or curtains to keep distracting lights out.
- Establish consistent sleep and wake routines: Sticking to a regular routine, even on the weekends, helps the body unwind and wake up naturally.
- Take a warm bath or shower: Relax tense muscles and unwind before bed. Also, stepping into a cool room after a warm shower helps decrease body temperatures, which triggers a tranquil, drowsy feeling.
- Put electronics away: Laptops, smartphones, TVs, or tablets should be powered down and put away (outside of the bedroom!) 45-60 minutes before bedtime. The bright lights of these screens triggers our brains to wake up, making it difficult to fall asleep.
- Get up after 20 minutes: If you are still awake, tossing and turning, after 20 minutes, get out of bed and try a relaxing activity. Listen to calming music, make a cup of caffeine-free tea, or read a book.
- Be mindful of what you eat and drink: Avoid heavy or large meals 2 to 3 hours before bedtime. Feeling full can cause discomfort and indigestion, keeping you awake. Be sure to limit alcohol and caffeine intake as well.
Visit your local Relax The Back location to speak with one of our trained specialists who can provide more ideas for improving your sleep environment. They will work with you one-on-one to you find the mattress, pillow, bed wedge, or mattress topper that fits your needs so you can sleep better and live better.
At Relax The Back, we understand the importance of restorative sleep. Sleep is one of the most significant contributions to your overall health and well-being. When you receive a good night’s rest, you wake up feeling rejuvenated and refreshed on your way to living the best life possible. Making sure you are getting quality sleep depends on many factors. However, the foundation of a better night’s rest begins with your sleep products.
Quality sleep products support your body from the moment you lie down until the second you wake up. From mattresses, to adjustable bases, to pillows, having the proper support keeps your spine and muscles aligned to reduce pressure, improve circulation, and keep you comfortable all night long.
Tempur-Pedic products adapt to your exact body shape, size, and weight giving you a completely customized sleep experience. Below are a few of our favorite products that will help you be on your way to a good night’s rest.
- TEMPUR-Neck Pillow: Perfect for back and side sleepers looking for a more therapeutic, restful sleep. Maintain the natural curve of your spine with a pillow that adequately supports your head, neck, and shoulders. Ergonomic pillows can also help prevent snoring.
- TEMPUR-Contour Elite Mattress: For those wanting more adaptive support, the TEMPUR-Contour Collection is a firmer feeling mattress. Coupled with light contouring, this mattress relieves pressure points for less tossing and turning throughout the night.
- Body Pillow: Improve circulation, and find full body ergonomic support and spinal alignment, allowing muscles to fully relax for a more restful sleep.
- TEMPUR All-Purpose Pillow: Used as a neck roll, lumbar cushion, or leg spacer, this “peanut” shaped TEMPUR pillow responds to body temperature and weight to provide unmatched comfort, pressure relief, and ergonomic support wherever you are.
- Sleep Mask: Minimize disruptions and keep out light from electronic screens or outdoor lights.
- TEMPUR Adjustable Bases: Personalize your comfort levels while maintaining the natural curve of your lower back. Adjustable bases provide support in bed when sleeping, reading, or relaxing.
Take advantage of our Tempur-Pedic sales event going on now. Receive up to $300 in free gifts with the purchase of any Tempur-Pedic Mattress Set and apply for our 48-month finance buydown program.
Visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with our trained sleep experts who can help you test out our numerous Tempur-Pedic and quality sleep products. They will work with you one-on-one to determine the best product solutions for your specific needs. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest for more tips, products and giveaways that will help you sleep better and live better.
If you or someone you know experience migraines, you are aware of how debilitating they can be. A migraine is much more than an intense headache. Blurred vision, immense pain, nausea, and numbness to the face or limbs are all symptoms of a migraine headache. These symptoms can last anywhere from 4 to 72 hours.
Those who suffer from migraines are often aware of their triggers; whether it is food, lack of sleep, stress, changes in weather, or hormones, to name a few. Neck and back pain is also a common trigger. A vicious cycle can arise due to neck pain causing sleep disturbances and lack of quality sleep causing migraines. Other than medication, there are ways to help prevent pain and it starts in the bedroom.
Pillows for migraine relief
When we are awake, we are more likely to be aware of our posture and maintaining proper positioning to allow the least amount of stress on our spine. When we sleep, however, we may be falling into positions that do not properly support a neutral posture.
Quality pillows can provide support throughout the night to ensure your spine is properly aligned, minimizing irritation to your neck muscles. Keep in mind, pillows are not all the same size. Getting fitted for a pillow ensures you are sleeping with the correct size and style based on your body type and sleep preference.
These pillows can provide the support you need for migraine relief:
- Technogel Sleeping Gel Pillow: This anatomic pillow keeps your head, neck, and spine aligned while adjusting to your neck shape and movement. A layer of gel keeps you cool and comfortable throughout the night.
- Contourside Pillow by Relax The Back: Ideal for side sleepers, the dual cradle design and airflow system improves breathing while you rest. Also relieves jaw and ear pressure.
- TEMPUR-Cloud Soft & Lofty Pillow: Cushion soft for lasting comfort on your neck, shoulders, and head. TEMPUR micro cushions cradle your head and ease neck pressure.
Visit your local Relax The Back store to try our numerous sleep products firsthand. We know no two bodies are identical. Our trained specialists will work with you to determine the best sleep products for your specific needs. They will fit you for a pillow that is perfect for your body type and preferred sleeping style.