A better night’s rest is a common desire among adults. Whether you’re stressed about work, dealing with unwanted noises and light at night, or not having the proper temperature set in your bedroom, there are numerous factors that can contribute to a good night’s sleep. The foundation of quality sleep however, begins with your mattress.
Think back to the last time you replaced your mattress. Has it been more than 8 years? If so, it is time to update your sleep setting. Over time, materials in your mattress begin to degrade making it more uncomfortable to sleep on. If you’re waking up with aches and pains, your mattress could be the culprit. It’s important to have the right mattress to fulfill your needs, to sleep better, and to optimize your overall wellness.
If it’s time for you to get a new mattress, use this guide to help find the right one for you.
- Determine your needs: Are you a hot sleeper that is always looking for the coolest side of the pillow? Does back pain or neck pain keep you up at night? The type of mattress you get is based on your specific needs and preferences.
- Establish your budget: Once you have set a budget, speak with a sales consultant to see which mattresses fit into your budget and your sleeping style.
- Utilize our sleep experts: No two bodies or preferences are the same. Our trained specialists can help find a mattress that supports your spine and your body where you need it most. By testing out mattresses in the store, you’ll be able to determine the size and firmness that is perfect for you.
- Personalized comfort and support: Mattresses come in a variety of sizes and firmness levels. One that is too firm will push on main pressure points causing your body to be out of proper alignment. A mattress that is too soft will not properly support your body or those pressure points. It comes down to personal preference when selecting a firmer or softer mattress. The key to a restful night’s sleep is finding the mattress that supports your body while allowing your spine, head, and neck to rest in neutral posture. Consider an adjustable base for an even more personalized sleep system.
- Mattress for two: It’s also important to keep in mind the size of your mattress when shopping for two. For couples who like close quarters, a queen sized mattress is recommended. For those who prefer maximum personal space, opt for a king.
- Give it time: It takes your body time to adjust to sleeping on a new surface. There is a natural adjustment period. Give it a few nights if you are not feeling the same level of comfort you initially felt in the store. Rest easy knowing Relax The Back supports you with a 90 Night Sleep Guarantee.
Finding the right mattress for your sleep style and body type is essential, not only for pain relief, but also for your overall health and well-being. Even if you are not currently experiencing pain, replacing your mattress every 8 years will help you continue to have countless nights of restful sleep.
Visit your local Relax The Back store to feel the difference of a well-selected mattress. Our trained sleep experts can work with you to find a mattress that will put you on the right track to living better and sleeping easier.