We all know how important exercise is to weight loss. Although, there are many more benefits in addition to weight loss when it comes to maintaining an active lifestyle and as we age, it is even more important to make movement and exercise part of our day.
Here are a few benefits of exercise:
- Increase blood flow
- Decrease risk of heart disease
- Boost high-density lipoprotein (HDL), also known as “good” cholesterol
- Decrease unhealthy triglycerides
- Improve your mood with as little as 5 minutes of exercise
- Increase muscle strength and endurance
The health benefits are difficult to brush aside. The simple fact is that we must find time to exercise and move. Thankfully, this doesn’t mean hours spent at the gym. Find out how you can be a happier person by creating (and sticking to) a regular workout routine with this helpful infographic.