While our neck, back, and shoulders get most of the attention when it comes to relaxation and relief, our hips, knees, and feet are just as important. From your head to your toes, every muscle in your body deserves attention and proper support.
With these targeted solutions, you can achieve total body wellness to feel your best during your daily activities and enjoy your life free of discomfort.
Neck pain has become more common as many people lead a sedentary lifestyle. Build strength in your neck to help ease tension.
- Stretching and strengthening exercises focused on the neck muscles can be extremely helpful in preventing discomfort and pain.
- Deep kneading Therapeutic Massagers loosens muscles and reduces aches.
- Stay hydrated. The discs in your spine require water in order to both maintain proper alignment and take pressure off the spine, thus reducing neck pain.
- With a memory foam interior, the Neck Sofa keeps you properly aligned for lasting support.
Full range of motion through your arms and shoulders allows you to feel your best every day. Alleviate shoulder stress, stiffness, and soreness to improve your overall well-being.
- Lighten up those heavy bags. Carrying a heavy purse or bag can put stress on your shoulders and surrounding muscles. If you have to carry a lot with you, consider a two-strap backpack.
- Quality pillows provide relief to the shoulders, head, and neck for comfort all night long. Try the TEMPUR Contour Side-to-Side pillow for a deeper, more restful sleep.
- Before heading out, be sure to engage in some light exercise and stretching which helps to warm up your shoulder muscles for increased circulation.
Back pain is one of the most common reasons for missing work or going to the doctors. Relieving existing back pain and reducing recurring flare ups can lead to an improved quality of life.
- Back cushions offer proper ergonomic support and comfort for long working days or your daily commute.
- Take a warm bath to release tense back muscles. This will also help you unwind and relax before bed.
- Find back tension relief and relaxation anytime with a Kneading Back Massage Cushion.
- Improve balance, strength, and overall flexibility with foam rollers.
Hips & Knees
Proper spine support starts with the hips and knees. Whether sitting or sleeping, relieve pressure for ease of movement and mobility.
- Align your hips and spine for sound sleep free from pain with the ContourSleep Posture Cushion.
- Strengthen your knee muscles and increase flexibility with simple cardio exercises, such as walking, stationary cycling, and swimming.
- Reduce workday strain, align your body, and improve leg circulation with a rocking footrest.
It’s important to give your feet a break. Increase circulation to reduce foot pain and relieve pressure with motion, massage, and support.
- Exercise your feet periodically throughout the day. When standing for long periods of time, try occasionally walking in place and stretching your feet whenever they feel tense or cramped.
- Rejuvenating rollers and kneading air from foot massagers can provide tension relief.
- Make sure you wear shoes with thicker soles, which benefit and shield the feet from rugged surfaces and pavements. Also, wear insoles to prevent discomfort and fatigue.
- Add cooling relief to reduce sore muscles with the freezable Foot Pro Massager.
From everyday wellness to targeted pain relief, at Relax The Back you’ll find solutions specifically designed to improve your life from head to toe. Visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with our trained specialists to see product solutions that will help you live your best life.
Cold and flu season is in full swing and this winter, the entire country is seeing an increased number of cases. Doctors and healthcare professionals say the flu season can last through April. Though cold winter temperatures create ideal conditions for the flu virus to thrive and replicate more quickly. Symptoms such as body aches, chills, fever, sore throats, and sneezing can last from days to weeks.
These natural remedies will help alleviate and relieve symptoms and have you feeling better sooner. If you are still feeling sick after a few weeks, make an appointment to see your doctor. As always, consult your physicians before starting any new treatments.
- Take a hot shower: Relax achy muscles and breathe in steam to moisten nasal passages and scratchy throats.
- Humidifier: Dry conditions cause the influenza virus to spread faster and more easily. Similar to the benefits you get from steam in a hot shower, using a humidifier can help increase the humidity in your home to help you breathe easier and reduce nasal inflammation.
- Hydrate: Drinking a lot of fluids is more important than ever when you’re feeling under the weather. Dehydration can lead to new or worsening symptoms causing you to feel more even more sick. Staying hydrated helps control or prevent nausea, keep fevers down, and helps clear your head and chest of congestion.
- Get enough sleep: Possibly the most important of all, getting adequate sleep is a vital cold remedy. Sleep deprivation can weaken our immune system’s ability to function at an optimal level.
- Add an extra pillow: In addition to getting enough sleep, using a bed wedge system or an extra pillow to elevate your upper body opens up nasal passages, promoting sinus drainage down the back of your throat. This allows you to rest more comfortably throughout the night and it will help you sleep easier.
- Drink hot beverages: Sooth a sore throat and nasal congestion with hot tea or hot water with lemon and honey. Warm herbal teas can also promote calmness and relaxation before bed to help you fall asleep easier.
- Gargle salt water: While this won’t cure your cold, gargling warm salt water can bring temporary relief to a sore, scratchy throat. Dissolve half a teaspoon of salt in 8 ounces of warm water and gargle a few times a day to relieve pain.
If you are having difficulty sleeping comfortably, visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with our trained associates. They will work with you to find product solutions to help you rest comfortably all-night long.
With the start of the New Year, we often find ourselves reflecting on the past year and looking forward to a fresh start. While we are always advocates of New Year’s resolutions that focus on being more active, making sleep a priority, and living a healthier lifestyle, we wanted to share a few other resolutions that can help you live well and improve your life in 2018.
Add one or all of these to your list this year and be on your way to a healthier, happier 2018.
- Get outside: Enjoy the outdoors. Studies continue to show the positive benefits of spending time outside. Go for daily walks in the morning or in the evening. Spend time by the ocean. Join a hiking group that meets on the weekends. Spending time outside can help you feel a heightened sense of well-being, relieve stress, and improve overall happiness.
- Make yourself a priority: Whether it’s daily, weekly, or monthly, make time to check-in with yourself. Take note of how you are feeling mentally, physically, and emotionally. Go to your favorite workout class each week, try a new recipe to cook with your family, or journal before bed each night. Do more of the things that will help you feel happy and relaxed.
- Travel more: The world is full of amazing cities and destinations to visit. Whether flying abroad or taking a road trip across country, make it a priority to travel this year, and when you do, travel pain-free using our wide selection of ergonomic neck and back supports.
- Be present: It’s easy to get caught up with future plans, to get sucked into articles on our phones or computers, or to hold on to something in the past that doesn’t bring you joy. This year, vow to be more present in your everyday life. Let’s put away our phones, unplug daily, and be more in the moment.
- Find what makes you happy: Instead of looking for ways to improve our lifestyle or health based on what we believe to be “the norm,” include things that truly make you happy. Go to the spa to relax or set aside some time for a much-needed massage. If you enjoy walking or hiking instead of yoga, add a weekly hike to your schedule instead of signing up for unlimited yoga classes. Set yourself up for success, rather than failure, by finding activities and nutrition plans that work best for you.
We hope you had a wonderful holiday season. Happy New Year from all of us at Relax The Back!
While Christmas may be behind us, these gifts of support will last all year long. When it comes to overall health and wellness, ergonomic supports can help loved ones find relief and relaxation at home, the office, or wherever they may need it. We’ve put together a list of our favorite support products to take the strain off of your spine and neck muscles to increase comfort.
Promote a healthy back and help your loved live their best life this new year with these support products.
- Riter’s Real-EaSE Neck Support: Give the gift of deep relaxation and comfort in your neck and shoulder muscles.
- Back Support and Stretcher: Portable spinal decompression is the gift that keeps on giving. Relieve spinal pressure while increasing flexibility and improving posture.
- Cohen’s Heatable Acuback Kit: Help your loved ones feel their best. Find effortless upright posture while releasing tight muscles and joints.
- Sacro-Ease Back Support: Perfect for those who spend time on the road. Properly align the pelvis and spine to sit comfortably anywhere and reduce pain.
- Self-Inflating Back Rest: Personalized on-the-go posture support helps preserve your spine’s natural curve.
- TravelLite Seat Cushion: A suitcase-friendly back support that provides instant relief with the turn of a valve. Ideal for travelers or those with a long commute.
Visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with a trained associate who can help you find the perfect gift based on specific needs. We give our customers one-on-one support to ensure they are going home with the best product solutions for themselves or someone in their life. Visit us online at RelaxTheBack.com and on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest for more holiday tips and gift guides.
Finding time to exercise and relax during our hectic schedules can be difficult. These both play an important role in staying healthy and pain-free.
Exercise doesn’t necessarily mean hours spent at a gym. By adding simple exercises up to 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week, you’ll relax away stiffness and relieve stress. When we carve out time to work on ourselves, we improve our mood, sleep quality, brainpower, and overall happiness. We also help keep pain away before it starts by strengthening and conditioning muscles that are prone to injury.
Paired with regular exercises, relaxation through massage can improve your health. Studies show treating yourself to regular massages can have a tremendously positive impact on your overall wellness. Whether you are incorporating massage into time at the office, while on the road, or at home, you’ll ease tension and find relief throughout the day.
The products below can help you upgrade your exercise routine and your relaxation regimen.
Exercise Products For Improved Health
- Inversion Tables: Decompress your spine while improving posture and increasing flexibility and circulation. Inversion tables also help with sciatica relief.
- Foam Rollers: Our versatile foam rollers help improve flexibility, range of motion, while relieving muscle tightness. They are also an effective and inexpensive way to gain the health benefits of massage.
- CoreStretch: Feel stress dissipate as you deeply stretch, elongating your back muscles. Safely stretch your shoulders, hips, and leg muscles as well.
- InLine Traction Control System: Stay comfortable while gently stretching your whole body, from your neck down to the back of your legs.
Massage Products For Ultimate Relaxation
- Massage Chairs: From traditional style to Shiatsu massages, massage chairs reduce tension headaches, increase blood flow, help you manage and reduce chronic pain, improve sleep quality, and much more.
- Theracane: Self-massage tools like the Theracane allow you to find relief from muscle tension, soreness, and pain, on the go.
- Foot Massager: Tired feet deserve relief. Foot massagers provide custom massages by allowing you to specify settings.
- Massage Cushions: Ideal for in the office or during long commutes, massage cushions release tense muscles during a soothing back or neck massage.
Visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with a trained specialist and try out our exercise and massage products. Through one-on-one support, our team will help you find the product solution to ensure you have the exercise and massage solutions that fit your specific lifestyle. Follow our 24-hour approach to comfort and wellness on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest for more tools to achieve ‘round the clock personalized relief.
From the moment we wake up to the moment we fall asleep, our decisions throughout the day affect our overall comfort and wellness. At Relax The Back, we understand the importance of living a fulfilling life of relaxation, wellness, and comfort. For more than 30 years, our mission has been to make life more comfortable and our passion is helping you experience comfort and relief so you can get back to living your best life.
Over the next 6 weeks, we will provide our community with solutions and tools to achieve ‘round the clock personalized comfort. From a weekly personalized relief giveaway, to a look into the different options of comfort for every aspect of life, from work to sleep to travel, to showing ways to be proactive in our healthcare routine, we aim to equip you with the knowledge to improve your overall wellness so you can live the life you’ve always wanted.
We’ve created this helpful infographic to demonstrate our 24-hour approach to comfort and wellness. The health benefits of utilizing these products and solutions will provide you with the comfort that we believe should be in every aspect of your day. Whether it’s using our Technogel® Pillows to improve circulation while you sleep or relieving back pressure at home in our Zero Gravity chairs, you deserve ‘round the clock relief. Make sure to stop by a Relax The Back location to discuss your specific needs with our in-store professionals, so we can find a personalized approach that works for you.
Be sure to follow along on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.