Tax day is just around the corner and this year, planning for the future is top of mind for many Americas. According to the annual Tax Returns Survey, 49.2% of those expecting to receive a refund plan to save the money to improve their financial health by planning for future purchases, paying down debt, and getting closer to savings goals. While many are putting their refund into savings, others plan to use their refund for everyday expenses, indulging in salon or spa services, or big purchases like a TV or car.
If you’re expecting some money from Uncle Sam this year, we recommend using part of your refund to invest in your health. Caring for and maintaining your overall health and wellness with help prevent pain and discomfort from escalating to more severe conditions and reduce the chance of high medical bills in the future.
Here are a few of our favorite healthy ways to spend your tax return this year:
- Invest in your work – With most of our waking hours being spent at an office, it’s important to have spine-friendly office equipment. Whether it’s a standing desk, ergonomic office chair, or footrest, we can help you create the perfect ergonomic workstation to keep you pain-free and productive throughout the day.
- Invest in fitness – Upgrade your home gym this tax season. Release and massage away muscle tension with our variety of foam rollers, decompress your spine while increasing flexibility and circulation with a Mastercare Inversion Table, or give yourself a total body massage with the Moji Curve Pro Handheld Massager.
- Invest in sleep: Many health concerns can improve with a good night’s rest. Invest in a quality mattress, mattress topper, or pillow to improve the quality of your sleep while reducing your risk of stroke, weight gain, and memory loss.
- Invest in relief – Reduce stress and aches after a long day with a massage. Find comfort, relaxation, and a therapeutic experience in the comfort of your own home when you invest in a massage chair, handheld massagers, or a massage cushion.
- Invest in memories – Above all else, invest in memories and experiences with the ones you love. Take a trip or sign up for a cooking class – these activities can lead to increased happiness and health and will provide lasting memories with loved ones.
When it comes to your home, office, or bedroom, you’ll find the right product for your needs with the help of our trained specialists. Since no one body is the same, our experts will speak with you to determined what pains and discomfort you experience daily, while showing you a number of product solutions to provide relief. When you visit your local Relax The back location, you have the opportunity to test each and every product while receiving one-on-one support to ensure you can maintain pain-free living wherever you are.