Studies continue to show the positive effects massage therapy has on one’s health. Getting massages regularly can greatly improve your mental, physical, and emotional wellness. With our line of massage chairs, a therapeutic massage can take place any time of day, for any amount of time, in the privacy of your own home.
Massage therapy benefits
Massage therapy can be beneficial to all; especially those who are experiencing pain and discomfort throughout the day. Along with reducing soreness and aiding in relaxation, massages help:
- Reduce the amount of tension headaches and migraines by allowing the body to maintain a level of relaxation and stress-relief.
- Improve circulation due to oxygen and nutrients being kneaded through soft tissues and vital organs.
- Stretch tight or weak muscles.
- Reduce and ease back pain through improved flexibility and range of motion.
- Improved sleep quality.
- Decrease the stress hormone, cortisol, while increasing the feel-good hormones, dopamine and serotonin, resulting in less stress, depression, and anxiety.
- Manage and reduce chronic pain naturally to improve quality of life.
Choosing a massage chair
When it comes to massage and other comfort-related products, choosing a massage chair should come down to personal preference. We recommend visiting your local Relax The Back store to test out different styles of massage chairs. Our trained specialists can help you find the perfect chair for your specific needs.
When choosing your massage chair, here are some general guidelines to follow:
- Comfort level of chair: Some massage chairs have certain contours or shapes that will fit a particular body shape or need. Sit down in different types of chairs to find one that works with your body and specific needs.
- Strength of massage: The strength and type of massage varies from model to model. Let our specialists know which type of massages you prefer – are you are looking for a softer massage with targeted relief areas or a more intense, vigorous massage? Perhaps you enjoy heated massages? The DreamWave Massage Chair by Inada, for instance, features a heated seat and offers a Shiatsu style massage whereas the Zen 3D Massage Chair by Relax The Back includes 5 massage programs ranging from Swedish, to Shiatsu, to Air massage.
- Personalization and presets of a chair: As noted above, some massage chairs come with preset massage programs. Take time to experience these preset programs and settings when testing out each chair. Some chairs offer more variability, which works well for a chair that will have multiple users.
- Additional features and accessories: Certain massage chairs allow you to recline to zero-gravity, such as the Human Touch ZeroG 4.0. Some chairs include a foot and calf massager, which also acts as an extended leg rest. The Ultimate Smart Chair by Relax The Back comes with a tablet to customize user profiles, a USB port and speakers with Bluetooth capacity for listening to music or watching movies. Look into all options available to you when choosing your massage chair.
- Appearance: There are many fabric and material combinations to choose from as well as shapes and sizes and prices to fit your budget of massage chairs.