If you have ever gotten a massage before, then you are familiar with the post-massage feelings of satisfaction, clear mind, and relaxed body. While these are great benefits of massage therapy, there are many more that go well beyond relaxation.
Getting regular massages can be life altering. Studies continue to show that maintaining a regular massage routine can have a tremendously positive impact on your overall health and wellness.
Be your best physically, mentally, and emotionally with these benefits:
- Better Sleep: It’s no secret that getting enough sleep is vital to your overall health and wellness. Massage therapy is extremely helpful in improving your ability to fall asleep and stay asleep by reducing pain and stress hormones.
- Increase range of motion and flexibility: Massage therapy works on connective tissues, ligaments, muscles, and joints to keep your joints more fluid while reducing risk of injury.
- Relieve headaches: Do you suffer from chronic headaches and migraines? Massage can help ease the pressure and pain of headaches while reducing the frequency and chance of getting one.
- Promote relaxation: Reduce anxiety and stress through decreased levels of the stress hormone, cortisol, while feel-good hormones, serotonin and dopamine, are increased.
- Improve circulation: With regular massage, oxygen and nutrients are kneaded through soft tissues and vital organs, thus improving your circulation.
- Relieve pain: Massage therapy can also be just as or more effective than medication and acupuncture treatments. By relaxing tense muscles, our massage products can alleviate back, neck, and all-around muscle pain.
Now, imagine coming home to your own personal masseuse. We understand it can be difficult to find time to visit a massage therapist. Having a massage chair in your home allows you to indulge whenever you want. From Swedish to Shiatsu to traditional style massages, you can have personalized comfort and relaxation when you need it most. All it takes is a few minutes a day to feel the immense benefits. Quiet your mind. Soothe your body. Feel blissful comfort in your own home.
While the reasons for getting a massage can vary from medical reasons, to relaxation, to a special indulgence while on vacation, incorporating regular massages into your health regimen has a positive impact on your health and wellbeing.
Visit your local Relax The Back location to test out our massage chairs first hand. We will help you find the perfect chair to meet your specific needs. Ask our associates about our 48-month financing options on select massage chairs.
Ten percent of Americans suffer from depression with the numbers to rise drastically by 2020. Hectic, high-stress lifestyles and difficulty finding the proper work-life balance contribute to feelings of depression and anxiety.
Maintaining a workout routine, as well as a healthy diet, can affect your mood greatly. While therapy and antidepressants can help, the American Psychiatric Association recommends exercise as a form of treatment. Exercise is proven to be effective alone or when combined with standard treatment options.
There are plenty of simple and easy exercises that you can do on a daily basis without causing too much strain on your neck and back. If you’re looking to increase strength, balance, or muscle tone, Relax The Back has a wide variety of fitness therapy products to help you get on the right track. One of these products is our therapy foam roller, which enhances balance, body awareness, neural and muscular flexibility, dynamic strengthening, and even assists with muscle re-education.
To learn more about how the benefits of daily exercise, this helpful infographic from Cleveland Clinic dives into how exercises affect our mood and details the reasons why you should find an activity you truly enjoy to help keep you active and healthy.
Whether you’re packing your bags to head somewhere by plane, or dealing with long commutes from the office to your home, pain can make travel times even more unbearable. Sitting for prolonged hours in a car or a plane can cause back and neck pain to flare up. Our bodies absorb the shock of vibrations, swaying from side to side, accelerations, and other forcers associated with driving or flying.
Fortunately, there are a number of massage products that are perfect for traveling and commuting. Massage therapy helps to relieve tension and discomfort before, during, and after your commute.
Massage On The Road
Ease the pain of a long commute or trip with these massage products.
- Theracane: The perfect handheld massage tool when you’re on the go. Relieve pain and stiffness as you control the pressure to massage deep into tense muscles and knots.
- Cohen’s Heatable AcuBack Kit: Release tight muscles and joints in your neck and back with this simple, heatable support tool. The AcuBack Kit also helps create effortless upright posture while driving or sitting.
- Moji Curve Pro Handheld Massager: Dig deep into quads, hamstrings, calves, and hips to release tense muscles. Stainless steel spheres give users the ability to chill – offering the option of an ice massage. The slim design makes this handheld massager easy to store in a suitcase or car.
If you experience pain while traveling or commuting, visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with a trained specialists. They will help you find product solutions to massage away pain and discomfort while making you more comfortable during your commute.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest as we give away our favorite massage products for office, home, and travel over the next few weeks!