If you have ever gotten a massage before, then you are familiar with the post-massage feelings of satisfaction, clear mind, and relaxed body. While these are great benefits of massage therapy, there are many more that go well beyond relaxation.
Getting regular massages can be life altering. Studies continue to show that maintaining a regular massage routine can have a tremendously positive impact on your overall health and wellness.
Be your best physically, mentally, and emotionally with these benefits:
- Better Sleep: It’s no secret that getting enough sleep is vital to your overall health and wellness. Massage therapy is extremely helpful in improving your ability to fall asleep and stay asleep by reducing pain and stress hormones.
- Increase range of motion and flexibility: Massage therapy works on connective tissues, ligaments, muscles, and joints to keep your joints more fluid while reducing risk of injury.
- Relieve headaches: Do you suffer from chronic headaches and migraines? Massage can help ease the pressure and pain of headaches while reducing the frequency and chance of getting one.
- Promote relaxation: Reduce anxiety and stress through decreased levels of the stress hormone, cortisol, while feel-good hormones, serotonin and dopamine, are increased.
- Improve circulation: With regular massage, oxygen and nutrients are kneaded through soft tissues and vital organs, thus improving your circulation.
- Relieve pain: Massage therapy can also be just as or more effective than medication and acupuncture treatments. By relaxing tense muscles, our massage products can alleviate back, neck, and all-around muscle pain.
Now, imagine coming home to your own personal masseuse. We understand it can be difficult to find time to visit a massage therapist. Having a massage chair in your home allows you to indulge whenever you want. From Swedish to Shiatsu to traditional style massages, you can have personalized comfort and relaxation when you need it most. All it takes is a few minutes a day to feel the immense benefits. Quiet your mind. Soothe your body. Feel blissful comfort in your own home.
While the reasons for getting a massage can vary from medical reasons, to relaxation, to a special indulgence while on vacation, incorporating regular massages into your health regimen has a positive impact on your health and wellbeing.
Visit your local Relax The Back location to test out our massage chairs first hand. We will help you find the perfect chair to meet your specific needs. Ask our associates about our 48-month financing options on select massage chairs.
Over the last few weeks we have shared the top massage products for the office and on the road. Now, we’re taking a look at the best massage products to help you find relief and comfort at home.
While incorporating massage into multiple facets of life (office, commute, and home) will help you ease tension and relax throughout the day, a busy workday or hectic commute can make it difficult to get in some quality massage time. Therefore, having a selection of massage products at home may work better for some schedules. This can allow for uninterrupted massages and some much needed “me-time”. You’ll begin to feel the benefits of massage therapy by devoting as little as 10-15 minutes a day to massage.
Massage At Home
With our wide range of massage products, you can have a therapeutic massage any time of day, for any amount of time, in the privacy of your own home. Find relief and relaxation with our top products.
- GRID Foam Roller: This foam roller helps improve flexibility and range of motion, relieve muscle tightness, and help with injury prevention. Foam rollers are also an effective and inexpensive way to gain the health benefits of massage while providing an alternative method of stretching.
- Therapeutic Foot Massager: Give tired feet much needed relief. This foot massager provides a custom massage by allowing you to specify settings in one of three regions of the foot, toe, arch or sole.
- Massage Chair: From Swedish to traditional style massages, massage chairs reduce tension headaches, increase blood flow, improve sleep quality, and much more. Check out some guidelines to follow when choosing a massage chair.
Head to your local Relax The Back location to test out our selection of massage products. With the ability to try out products first-hand, you’ll be able to feel instant relief from muscle tension, aches, and pains. Our trained experts will help you find the perfect massage tool for your specific needs.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest as we give away our favorite massage products for office, home, and travel over the next few weeks!
With long workdays and hectic schedules, making time for massage and wellness is important. Whether it is for medical, relaxation, or stress purposes, getting regular massages can have a lasting and positive impact on your overall health and wellness.
July 10th marked the start of Every Body Deserves a Massage Week. EBDMW was created by the Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals to draw attention to the benefits of massage therapy.
At Relax The Back, we strive to provide practical massage solutions for our customers that are convenient for any lifestyle and budget. From massage chairs, to massage cushions, to handheld massagers, you can find relief at any price point.
Every Body Deserves a Massage Giveaway
As EBDMW continues, we are happy to announce our latest giveaway!
Stop by a Relax The Back location now through Sunday, July 16th for a free massage in one of our best-selling massage chairs, the DreamWave Massage Chair by Inada, and register to win your very own Inada massage chair! We are also giving away a Kneading Back Massage Cushion at every location. No purchase necessary.
Head to your nearest Relax The Back store and speak with a consultant for more details.
Starting February 8th, celebrations for the Chinese New Year will begin all over the world. 2016 is the year of the Red Fire Monkey. A New Year brings the opportunity to reflect and sweep away any misfortunes or hardships from the previous year and start fresh. People born in the year of the monkey will find a balanced lifestyle will improve their health conditions.
Use this time to bring friends and family together, celebrate, and begin working towards a more balanced lifestyle. It is a time to refocus, recharge, and relax.
We’ve put together a few ways to help you relax and recharge as we begin a new year:
- Music & soothing sounds: Whether it’s classical music, your favorite rock song, or soothing nature sounds, music and sound can help you relax while lowering blood pressure, anxiety levels, and your heart rate.
- Massage: Relax your neck, shoulders, back, and legs to calm your mind and help you recharge. Massage chairs and massage cushions offer personalized comfort and relief in your home or on the go. Massage benefits include reducing stress hormone levels and chronic pain, increasing circulation and improving sleep quality, to name a few. Bring luck, prosperity, and relaxation into your home with the DreamWave Massage Chair by Inada in red leather and receive 48-month financing.
- Meditation: Just a few minutes a day can help ease anxiety and make you more resilient to stress. Sit with both of your feet planted on the floor and repeat a positive thought or mantra – silently or out loud – such as “I feel at peace.” Syncing your breathing to your mantra will help you focus.
- Restorative Yoga: This type of yoga sequence uses props to help calm and relax your entire body and mind. Yoga is a good tool for learning and practicing ways to find relaxation, on and off the mat.
Relax The Back wishes everyone a Happy Chinese New Year. May this New Year bring you all good luck, good fortune, and good health!
Studies continue to show the positive effects massage therapy has on one’s health. Getting massages regularly can greatly improve your mental, physical, and emotional wellness. With our line of massage chairs, a therapeutic massage can take place any time of day, for any amount of time, in the privacy of your own home.
Massage therapy benefits
Massage therapy can be beneficial to all; especially those who are experiencing pain and discomfort throughout the day. Along with reducing soreness and aiding in relaxation, massages help:
- Reduce the amount of tension headaches and migraines by allowing the body to maintain a level of relaxation and stress-relief.
- Improve circulation due to oxygen and nutrients being kneaded through soft tissues and vital organs.
- Stretch tight or weak muscles.
- Reduce and ease back pain through improved flexibility and range of motion.
- Improved sleep quality.
- Decrease the stress hormone, cortisol, while increasing the feel-good hormones, dopamine and serotonin, resulting in less stress, depression, and anxiety.
- Manage and reduce chronic pain naturally to improve quality of life.
Choosing a massage chair
When it comes to massage and other comfort-related products, choosing a massage chair should come down to personal preference. We recommend visiting your local Relax The Back store to test out different styles of massage chairs. Our trained specialists can help you find the perfect chair for your specific needs.
When choosing your massage chair, here are some general guidelines to follow:
- Comfort level of chair: Some massage chairs have certain contours or shapes that will fit a particular body shape or need. Sit down in different types of chairs to find one that works with your body and specific needs.
- Strength of massage: The strength and type of massage varies from model to model. Let our specialists know which type of massages you prefer – are you are looking for a softer massage with targeted relief areas or a more intense, vigorous massage? Perhaps you enjoy heated massages? The DreamWave Massage Chair by Inada, for instance, features a heated seat and offers a Shiatsu style massage whereas the Zen 3D Massage Chair by Relax The Back includes 5 massage programs ranging from Swedish, to Shiatsu, to Air massage.
- Personalization and presets of a chair: As noted above, some massage chairs come with preset massage programs. Take time to experience these preset programs and settings when testing out each chair. Some chairs offer more variability, which works well for a chair that will have multiple users.
- Additional features and accessories: Certain massage chairs allow you to recline to zero-gravity, such as the Human Touch ZeroG 4.0. Some chairs include a foot and calf massager, which also acts as an extended leg rest. The Ultimate Smart Chair by Relax The Back comes with a tablet to customize user profiles, a USB port and speakers with Bluetooth capacity for listening to music or watching movies. Look into all options available to you when choosing your massage chair.
- Appearance: There are many fabric and material combinations to choose from as well as shapes and sizes and prices to fit your budget of massage chairs.
Head to your local Relax The Back store to try available massage chairs in your area. You can also visit us at relaxtheback.com to see our full line of massage chairs and other massage products.
Massage therapy has many proven benefits that go beyond relaxation and relief from sore muscles. From improved circulation and flexibility to decreased stress and anxiety, these massage products will continue to give long after the holidays are over.
Here are our favorite targeted massage products to wrap up relief this season:
- Moji Curve Pro Handheld Massager: A one-of-a-kind total body massager for a one-of-a-kind loved one! Dig deep into quads, hamstrings, calves, and hips to release tense muscles. Stainless steel spheres gives user the ability to chill – offering the option of an ice massage.
- Neck and Shoulder Kneading Massager: Melt away holiday stress and tension with the soft kneading massage heads of this hands free massager. Heat therapy provides an even deeper relaxing massage.
- RollerMax Massager: Give the gift of rejuvenating massage this season. This bidirectional, multi-speed massager releases tightness in calves, thighs, and feet.
- Theracane: Perfect for anyone on the go. The Theracane relieves pain and stiffness as you control the pressure to massage deep into tense muscles and knots.
- DreamWave Massage Chair by Inada: Customized comfort is on everyone’s wish list. Increase blood flow and comfort through personalized settings to provide an at-home Shiatsu massage for the ultimate relaxation experience.
Treat your loved ones (or yourself) to something special this year. Visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with a trained specialist who can help you find the perfect gift based on specific needs. Also be sure to visit us online (www.relaxtheback.com) and on Facebook and Twitter.
With March Madness around the corner, it’s time to fill out those brackets and get your Man Cave ready for college basketball. We often talk about the importance of sleep comfort and creating a comfortable workstation and your home should be no different.
Below you will find some of our top Man Cave picks to ensure you are watching your favorite sports teams in total comfort and relaxation.
- Sit back with ease and allow your muscles, joints and spine to recover from the effects of gravity with the Zero Gravity Perfect Chair. Add an Accessory Tableor a Wedge Table, if you have two or more chairs, to hold snacks and drinks. For a limited time, save $500 on our Premium Leather Perfect Chairs!
- Feel back pain and the stress of the day melt away with our heated Kneading Back Cushion.
- Spend those timeouts and TV-breaks decompressing your spine with an Inversion Table. Inversion therapy relieves pressure on your spine, thus relieving muscle stiffness, back pain, and shoulder tension.
- Relax after a long day at work with a therapeutic massage. Create a truly customized massage experience with our Zen 3D Massage Chair. Five programs allow you to adjust every inch of your massage, listen to soothing music, and turn on mood-enhancing therapy lighting for a complete relaxation experience.Foot Massagers, such as the Haven Foot Massager, can relieve fatigue, encourage relaxation, and help improve blood circulation.
What are your must-haves for the perfect Man Cave? Visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with one of our trained specialists who can help you find the perfect products for your specific needs.
Massage therapy is often associated with relaxation and finding relief from sore muscles, but did you know massage therapy benefits go beyond simple relaxation? Studies continue to show the positive effects massage therapy has on one’s health. Regardless of the reasons we turn to massage, incorporating this treatment into your healthcare regimen can help improve physical, mental, and emotional wellness.
Whether it’s for stress-relief or medical purposes, massage therapy can:
- Improve flexibility and range of motion, which helps to reduce and ease back pain.
- Stretch and exercise tight or weak muscles.
- Decrease the stress hormone, cortisol, while increasing the feel-good hormones, dopamine and serotonin. This results in less stress, depression, and anxiety
- Improve circulation due to oxygen and nutrients being kneaded through soft tissues and vital organs.
- Allow the body to maintain a level of stress-relief and relaxation resulting in fewer tension headaches and migraines and improved sleep quality.
- Manage and reduce chronic pain naturally to improve quality of life.
Find deep down relief in the comfort of your home with these products:
- The Neck and Shoulder Massager provides the utmost versatility for a deep-tissue massage. Equipped with a heating function this design provides targeted contact to penetrate deep into the muscle layers.
- Increase blood flow and comfort to create a complete, relaxing and therapeutic experience with the Sogno DreamWave Massage Chair.
- Perfect for toe, heel, and arch pain, the 360 Moji Foot Massager revitalizes sore, tired, and aching feet.
- The Kneading Back Massage Cushion penetrates deep for ultimate muscle stimulation and relaxation with heated, rotated massage heads.
The holidays are meant to provide much needed down-time and relaxation, but they often leave us more tired than rejuvenated. All the get-togethers, shopping, travel, excessive eating, and cold weather can take its toll on our bodies. If you find yourself feeling more stressed after all the merry-making is over, here are our tips for de-stressing after the holidays:
You’ve been around family and friends the past several weeks, so schedule some time to pamper yourself. Rent your favorite movie and watch it in bed with our portable Neck & Shoulder Massager. Or opt for a full-body massage at the convenience of your own home whenever you want with one of our massage chairs. Whatever you find relaxing and enjoyable, make it a priority.
In addition to massages, take care of your body by physically recharging with exercise. If the cold weather makes going for your usual run difficult, try non-extreme winter sports like ice-skating at your local rink. Also take advantage of at-home/indoor exercises like stretching with our FitBall Gym Ball.
Eliminate all the clutter from last year by taking the time to clean, reorganize, and plan. Examine your house, work desk, and car to see where you can make improvements, including throwing away papers you no longer need and reorganizing your closet. Aiming for tidiness will reduce the chaos in your life, leaving you prepared to reach your new year’s resolutions and goals.
Ever wonder why some of our chairs are called “Zero-Gravity”? The zero-gravity position refers to the way astronauts are positioned in their space shuttle chair for take off and landing. This neutral position helps distribute the effects of gravity across the body as evenly as possible, helping astronauts deal with the problems of intense and sudden compressional forces.
This “Neutral Posture” concept developed by NASA applies to wellness therapy as well. By assuming this position with your legs raised above the heart, the effects of gravity are neutralized – your muscles can rest and your spinal discs decompress and return to their normal size and shape. You also experience the following benefits:
- Less pressure on the spine
- Reduced muscle tension
- Less pressure on the heart and expanded lung capacity
- Increased circulation and increased blood oxygen levels
Our zero-gravity recliners and massage chairs are ergonomically designed and engineered to put you in this ideal posture. Whether reading, relaxing, or watching TV, we recommend one of our best sellers, the Human Touch Perfect Chair. And through September 17th, purchase a Perfect Chair and receive a FREE Premium Leather Pad set upgrade (a $500 value). See and experience for yourself why customers cite a sense of weightlessness and heightened relaxation. Yes, we’re that sure that a chair really can change your life.