Getting a massage is far more than a luxury. Studies show that treating yourself to regular massages can have a tremendously positive impact on your overall health and wellness, as well as being an important aspect of preventive care.
Whether you’re getting a massage for relaxation, medical purposes, or as a special indulgence, finding the time for a massage is very beneficial to everyday life. From reduced tension headaches and migraines to improved flexibility and circulation, there are numerous health benefits of massage therapy.
Every year, the ABMP celebrates EveryBody Deserves a Massage Week. This week was created to promote benefits of regular body work and to highlight the work of massage therapists.
In honor of the week, we have put together a quick list of reasons why everybody should get a massage:
- Stretch tight or weak muscles while improving flexibility and range of motion. This helps to reduce and ease back pain.
- Oxygen and nutrients are kneaded through soft tissues and vital organs to improve circulation.
- Manage and reduce chronic pain naturally to improve overall quality of life.
- Decrease stress, depression, and anxiety through decreased levels of the stress hormone, cortisol, while feel-good hormones, serotonin and dopamine, are increased.
- Improve sleep quality.
Even if you are not currently feeling aches and pains, you are not injured, or you are not feeling stressed, working in regular massages help prevent future health issues from developing. At Relax The Back, we understand the importance of preventive care, staying healthy, and living a pain-free life.
Visit your local Relax The Back store for a first-hand, in-store massage experience in one of our many massage chairs. Our trained specialists can also show you our numerous handheld massagers, foot massagers, and massage cushions to fit any budget or pain point.
What makes massage therapy beneficial to everyday life and overall health? While the reasons for getting a massage can vary from medical purposes, to relaxation, to a special indulgence while on vacation, incorporating regular massages into your health regimen has a positive impact on your health and wellbeing.
As EveryBody Deserves a Massage week kicks off on July 10th, we wanted to take a deeper look into the benefits of massage therapy.
These are just a few of the many ways massage therapy can improve your overall health and quality of life:
- Reduce stress and anxiety: Lowering stress levels can have a positive impact on your health and wellness. Through massage therapy, stress hormones are reduced, blood pressure is lowered, and levels of serotonin and dopamine, which help reduce depression, are increased.
- Pain management: By relaxing tense muscles, massage chairs and massage productss can alleviate back, neck, and all around muscle pain. Massage therapy can also be just as or more effective than medication and acupuncture treatments.
- Better sleep: Getting enough sleep is crucial to your health. Massage therapy helps to reduce pain and stress hormones while improving your ability to fall asleep and stay asleep.
- Relieve headaches: Did you know 45 million Americans suffer from chronic migraines and headaches? Not only can massage therapy help ease the pressure and pain of headaches but regular massages can also reduce the frequency and chance of getting a headache.
- Increase range of motion and flexibility: Massage therapy works on connective tissues, muscles, ligaments, and joints. This improves blood flow and keeps joints more fluid to improve flexibility while reducing the risk of injury.
Here are our favorite types of massage products:
- Massage Chairs: Get all of the benefits of a full body massage in the comfort of your own home.
- Handheld Massagers: You’ll always have relaxation at your fingertips with our portable and travel size massage products.
- Massage Cushions: Perfect for an on-the-go massage, at the office, or in your home.
- Foot Massagers: Give tired feet a treat after a long day of work.
Visit your local Relax The Back store to test out any of the products mentioned above. Our trained specialists will show you how to get the most out of our products so you can enjoy life, pain-free.
Stay tuned for an exciting massage chair giveaway coming up! We will be announcing more details next week.
At Relax The Back, we believe in a 24-hour approach to pain relief. This means providing solutions to back pain and discomfort at work, during your commute, and at home. Oftentimes, pain and discomfort doesn’t go away when you walk through your front door.
If you experience pain at home, we’re here to help.
“In our store we help people focus, discern, and prioritize their health and pain concerns. We strive to match them with the most effective and cost saving approach and product.”- Astrid Frayne, from our Victoria, BC location.
Through individualized attention, our trained specialists will help you find the best product solution for your needs. When visiting one of our many locations, you have the opportunity to try products that address your specific pain concerns. Feel the difference of a full body massage or targeted relief with handheld massagers, like the Theracane. Recline into zero gravity comfort and decompress the spine or experience spinal pressure relief using an inversion table.
Here are some of our franchisee owners’ favorite products to help you relax in comfort at home:
- Zero Gravity Recliners: Elevate legs, decompress your spine, and reduce stress in this neutral posture position. This is by far our franchise owners’ favorite!
- Massage Chairs: From shiatsu to traditional style massages, massage chairs increase blood flow and comfort at home.
- Handheld massagers: These provide targeted therapy to soothe muscles.
- Foot massagers: Use rejuvenating rollers and air massage to relieve tension after a long day at work.
- Inversion Tables: Counteract the force of gravity on the spine to relieve back pain.
- Foam Rollers: Rollers help improve flexibility, relieve muscle tightness, and are used for soft tissue mobilization.
If you are experience pain and discomfort at home, visit your local Relax The Back location to speak with a trained specialist who can help you try our numerous home, fitness, and massage products to help you relax in comfort at home.