If you have ever gotten a massage before, then you are familiar with the post-massage feelings of satisfaction, clear mind, and relaxed body. While these are great benefits of massage therapy, there are many more that go well beyond relaxation.
Getting regular massages can be life altering. Studies continue to show that maintaining a regular massage routine can have a tremendously positive impact on your overall health and wellness.
Be your best physically, mentally, and emotionally with these benefits:
- Better Sleep: It’s no secret that getting enough sleep is vital to your overall health and wellness. Massage therapy is extremely helpful in improving your ability to fall asleep and stay asleep by reducing pain and stress hormones.
- Increase range of motion and flexibility: Massage therapy works on connective tissues, ligaments, muscles, and joints to keep your joints more fluid while reducing risk of injury.
- Relieve headaches: Do you suffer from chronic headaches and migraines? Massage can help ease the pressure and pain of headaches while reducing the frequency and chance of getting one.
- Promote relaxation: Reduce anxiety and stress through decreased levels of the stress hormone, cortisol, while feel-good hormones, serotonin and dopamine, are increased.
- Improve circulation: With regular massage, oxygen and nutrients are kneaded through soft tissues and vital organs, thus improving your circulation.
- Relieve pain: Massage therapy can also be just as or more effective than medication and acupuncture treatments. By relaxing tense muscles, our massage products can alleviate back, neck, and all-around muscle pain.
Now, imagine coming home to your own personal masseuse. We understand it can be difficult to find time to visit a massage therapist. Having a massage chair in your home allows you to indulge whenever you want. From Swedish to Shiatsu to traditional style massages, you can have personalized comfort and relaxation when you need it most. All it takes is a few minutes a day to feel the immense benefits. Quiet your mind. Soothe your body. Feel blissful comfort in your own home.
While the reasons for getting a massage can vary from medical reasons, to relaxation, to a special indulgence while on vacation, incorporating regular massages into your health regimen has a positive impact on your health and wellbeing.
Visit your local Relax The Back location to test out our massage chairs first hand. We will help you find the perfect chair to meet your specific needs. Ask our associates about our 48-month financing options on select massage chairs.
During the month of October, organizations across the United States focus on the importance of spinal health, different approaches to pain treatment, and how massage therapy can improve our lives.
The America Physical Therapy Association (APTA) raises awareness about the benefits of physical therapy as a safe, effective option for long-term pain management while recognizing and celebrating physical therapists and physical therapist assistants who help improve people’s lives through movement. While the American Chiropractic Associate (ACA) shares back injury preventing and strengthening tips during National Chiropractic Health Month. The end of the month turns to massage during National Massage Therapy Awareness Week (NMTAW) put on by the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA). Massage therapy can be a beneficial part of a pain management plan.
These initiatives put a spotlight on the importance, as well as the benefits, of self-care and those who help provide solutions for lasting relief. By working to improve strength, flexibility, and range of motion, we can keep our spine happy and healthy as we age. Doing so allows us to live the life we want to, free from back and neck pain.
These simple guidelines and tips can help you take better care of your spinal health:
- Increase blood flow, endorphins, and flexibility with regular massages
- Speed up healing, relieve tense muscles from head to toe, and find comfort, spinal support, and deep relaxation.
- Massage chairs, handheld massagers, and massage cushions allow for a therapeutic experience any time of the day, for any amount of time, in the privacy of your home.
- Create a custom workstation to fit your needs and your body.
- Look for spine-friendly office equipment. A standing desk, ergonomic office chair, or footrest create a healthy work environment.
- Flexibility is key. Be sure to alternate between sitting and standing throughout the day.
- Maintain a consistent exercise routine to help strengthen muscles, protect your spine, and prevent injuries.
- Feel more energized and productive throughout the day when you get in your workout first thing in the morning.
- Incorporate stretching into your daily regimen for increased flexibility in spinal muscles, tension relief, and increase blood flow.
- Create a sleep environment that promotes comfort, relaxation, and support.
- A quality mattress and pillow ensures you’re getting a restful sleep by providing you with support where you need it most.
- Improve your mood, personal performance, and cardiovascular health when you get adequate sleep.
Over the last few weeks we have shared the top massage products for the office and on the road. Now, we’re taking a look at the best massage products to help you find relief and comfort at home.
While incorporating massage into multiple facets of life (office, commute, and home) will help you ease tension and relax throughout the day, a busy workday or hectic commute can make it difficult to get in some quality massage time. Therefore, having a selection of massage products at home may work better for some schedules. This can allow for uninterrupted massages and some much needed “me-time”. You’ll begin to feel the benefits of massage therapy by devoting as little as 10-15 minutes a day to massage.
Massage At Home
With our wide range of massage products, you can have a therapeutic massage any time of day, for any amount of time, in the privacy of your own home. Find relief and relaxation with our top products.
- GRID Foam Roller: This foam roller helps improve flexibility and range of motion, relieve muscle tightness, and help with injury prevention. Foam rollers are also an effective and inexpensive way to gain the health benefits of massage while providing an alternative method of stretching.
- Therapeutic Foot Massager: Give tired feet much needed relief. This foot massager provides a custom massage by allowing you to specify settings in one of three regions of the foot, toe, arch or sole.
- Massage Chair: From Swedish to traditional style massages, massage chairs reduce tension headaches, increase blood flow, improve sleep quality, and much more. Check out some guidelines to follow when choosing a massage chair.
Head to your local Relax The Back location to test out our selection of massage products. With the ability to try out products first-hand, you’ll be able to feel instant relief from muscle tension, aches, and pains. Our trained experts will help you find the perfect massage tool for your specific needs.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest as we give away our favorite massage products for office, home, and travel over the next few weeks!
Whether you’re packing your bags to head somewhere by plane, or dealing with long commutes from the office to your home, pain can make travel times even more unbearable. Sitting for prolonged hours in a car or a plane can cause back and neck pain to flare up. Our bodies absorb the shock of vibrations, swaying from side to side, accelerations, and other forcers associated with driving or flying.
Fortunately, there are a number of massage products that are perfect for traveling and commuting. Massage therapy helps to relieve tension and discomfort before, during, and after your commute.
Massage On The Road
Ease the pain of a long commute or trip with these massage products.
- Theracane: The perfect handheld massage tool when you’re on the go. Relieve pain and stiffness as you control the pressure to massage deep into tense muscles and knots.
- Cohen’s Heatable AcuBack Kit: Release tight muscles and joints in your neck and back with this simple, heatable support tool. The AcuBack Kit also helps create effortless upright posture while driving or sitting.
- Moji Curve Pro Handheld Massager: Dig deep into quads, hamstrings, calves, and hips to release tense muscles. Stainless steel spheres give users the ability to chill – offering the option of an ice massage. The slim design makes this handheld massager easy to store in a suitcase or car.
If you experience pain while traveling or commuting, visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with a trained specialists. They will help you find product solutions to massage away pain and discomfort while making you more comfortable during your commute.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest as we give away our favorite massage products for office, home, and travel over the next few weeks!
Aches and pains are a common problem at the office. With days fully booked with meetings, conference calls, and deadlines, stress can quickly build up. Stress not only affects your mood and mental health, it can also lead to muscle tension, fatigue, and aches and pains.
There are a number of ways to combat stress at the office. Incorporating massage therapy into your workday can help reduce stress, pain and discomfort.
Massage At The Office
Massage away stress and tension to rejuvenate, invigorate, and increase energy so you to take on the rest of the work day or leave work feeling refreshed. Even if it’s only for 10 minutes a day, you’ll begin to feel the benefits of massage with these products.
- Kneading Back Massage Cushion: With four heated massage heads, this cushion can provide relief while sitting at your desk. Release tense muscles during the soothing timed program that lasts up to 20 minutes.
- Omni Roller Massager: Relieve stress and stiffness that can accumulate from long hours at the computer. The Omni also helps massage away pain associated with migraine headaches.
- Neck & Shoulder Massager: Choose from 20 massage programs that deliver the utmost versatility for a deep-tissue massage. In as little as 8 minutes, this massager provides a healthy, soothing massage to your neck and shoulders.
Stop by your local Relax The Back store to speak with a trained consultants. Try our many massage products in-store and feel tension slip away. Whether it’s pain in your neck, back, or shoulders, or you suffer from migraine headaches, our consultants will help you find relief at the office based on your specific needs.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest as we will be giving away our favorite massage products for office, home, and travel over the next few weeks!
What makes massage therapy beneficial to everyday life and overall health? While the reasons for getting a massage can vary from medical purposes, to relaxation, to a special indulgence while on vacation, incorporating regular massages into your health regimen has a positive impact on your health and wellbeing.
As EveryBody Deserves a Massage week kicks off on July 10th, we wanted to take a deeper look into the benefits of massage therapy.
These are just a few of the many ways massage therapy can improve your overall health and quality of life:
- Reduce stress and anxiety: Lowering stress levels can have a positive impact on your health and wellness. Through massage therapy, stress hormones are reduced, blood pressure is lowered, and levels of serotonin and dopamine, which help reduce depression, are increased.
- Pain management: By relaxing tense muscles, massage chairs and massage productss can alleviate back, neck, and all around muscle pain. Massage therapy can also be just as or more effective than medication and acupuncture treatments.
- Better sleep: Getting enough sleep is crucial to your health. Massage therapy helps to reduce pain and stress hormones while improving your ability to fall asleep and stay asleep.
- Relieve headaches: Did you know 45 million Americans suffer from chronic migraines and headaches? Not only can massage therapy help ease the pressure and pain of headaches but regular massages can also reduce the frequency and chance of getting a headache.
- Increase range of motion and flexibility: Massage therapy works on connective tissues, muscles, ligaments, and joints. This improves blood flow and keeps joints more fluid to improve flexibility while reducing the risk of injury.
Here are our favorite types of massage products:
- Massage Chairs: Get all of the benefits of a full body massage in the comfort of your own home.
- Handheld Massagers: You’ll always have relaxation at your fingertips with our portable and travel size massage products.
- Massage Cushions: Perfect for an on-the-go massage, at the office, or in your home.
- Foot Massagers: Give tired feet a treat after a long day of work.
Visit your local Relax The Back store to test out any of the products mentioned above. Our trained specialists will show you how to get the most out of our products so you can enjoy life, pain-free.
Stay tuned for an exciting massage chair giveaway coming up! We will be announcing more details next week.
Massage therapy has many proven benefits that go beyond relaxation and relief from sore muscles. From improved circulation and flexibility to decreased stress and anxiety, these massage products will continue to give long after the holidays are over.
Here are our favorite targeted massage products to wrap up relief this season:
- Moji Curve Pro Handheld Massager: A one-of-a-kind total body massager for a one-of-a-kind loved one! Dig deep into quads, hamstrings, calves, and hips to release tense muscles. Stainless steel spheres gives user the ability to chill – offering the option of an ice massage.
- Neck and Shoulder Kneading Massager: Melt away holiday stress and tension with the soft kneading massage heads of this hands free massager. Heat therapy provides an even deeper relaxing massage.
- RollerMax Massager: Give the gift of rejuvenating massage this season. This bidirectional, multi-speed massager releases tightness in calves, thighs, and feet.
- Theracane: Perfect for anyone on the go. The Theracane relieves pain and stiffness as you control the pressure to massage deep into tense muscles and knots.
- DreamWave Massage Chair by Inada: Customized comfort is on everyone’s wish list. Increase blood flow and comfort through personalized settings to provide an at-home Shiatsu massage for the ultimate relaxation experience.
Treat your loved ones (or yourself) to something special this year. Visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with a trained specialist who can help you find the perfect gift based on specific needs. Also be sure to visit us online (www.relaxtheback.com) and on Facebook and Twitter.
Gifts of comfort come in all sizes. Whether you are buying for your daughter, father-in-law, or family friend, we have gift ideas that everyone will be happy to find in their stocking on Christmas day.
Below we’ve listed our favourite stocking stuffers to help relieve pain and discomfort this holiday:
- Sleep Mask by Tempur-Pedic ($29): Soothing sleep makes the perfect gift! Cool and comfortable, this mask is made with pressure-relieving TEMPUR material, so you can nod off in total darkness. Perfect for loved ones who travel often.
- ErgoTravel Keyboard ($40): This waterproof, flexible, and worry-free keyboard prevents strain on arms, wrists, and back while providing ergonomic support for your hard-working loved one.
- Moji 360 Foot Massager ($39): Know a loved one that can never have too many foot massages? The Moji 360 mimics the touch of a professional massage therapist to revitalize sore, tired, and aching feet.
- Self-Inflating Back Rest ($40): For work, at the movies, or in the car, this lumbar support is easy-to-use and easy-to-store. This is a gift that keeps on giving, long after the holiday season.
- TEMPUR All-Purpose Pillow ($49): This pillow’s unique “peanut” shape allows for multi-purpose ergonomic support. Its space-saving size makes it a perfect travel neck roll, lumbar cushion, or leg spacer.
Add these great gifts to your loved ones (or your own) stocking this year. Visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with a trained specialist who can help you find the perfect gift based on specific needs. Also be sure to visit us online (www.relaxtheback.com) and on Facebook and Twitter.
Massage therapy is often associated with relaxation and finding relief from sore muscles, but did you know massage therapy benefits go beyond simple relaxation? Studies continue to show the positive effects massage therapy has on one’s health. Regardless of the reasons we turn to massage, incorporating this treatment into your healthcare regimen can help improve physical, mental, and emotional wellness.
Whether it’s for stress-relief or medical purposes, massage therapy can:
- Improve flexibility and range of motion, which helps to reduce and ease back pain.
- Stretch and exercise tight or weak muscles.
- Decrease the stress hormone, cortisol, while increasing the feel-good hormones, dopamine and serotonin. This results in less stress, depression, and anxiety
- Improve circulation due to oxygen and nutrients being kneaded through soft tissues and vital organs.
- Allow the body to maintain a level of stress-relief and relaxation resulting in fewer tension headaches and migraines and improved sleep quality.
- Manage and reduce chronic pain naturally to improve quality of life.
Find deep down relief in the comfort of your home with these products:
- The Neck and Shoulder Massager provides the utmost versatility for a deep-tissue massage. Equipped with a heating function this design provides targeted contact to penetrate deep into the muscle layers.
- Increase blood flow and comfort to create a complete, relaxing and therapeutic experience with the Sogno DreamWave Massage Chair.
- Perfect for toe, heel, and arch pain, the 360 Moji Foot Massager revitalizes sore, tired, and aching feet.
- The Kneading Back Massage Cushion penetrates deep for ultimate muscle stimulation and relaxation with heated, rotated massage heads.