Everyone on your gift list can appreciate a great night of sleep. Help create a sleep sanctuary by gifting sleep products that will aid in quality rest and relaxation. With the right amount of sleep, we are able to lead more productive, energetic, and happier lives. Our physical, mental, and emotional health all improve when we are able to relax more, sleep better, and create healthier sleeping habits.
Wrap up a few of our favorite sleep products to help you and your loved ones sleep better all year long.
- Snoozer Body Pillow: Ergonomic full body support is a gift everyone can enjoy. The J-shape design of this pillow promotes spinal alignment, enhanced muscular relaxation, improved circulation, and overall sleep quality.
- PureRelax Mattress Topper: Give the gift of all night comfort with this gel-infused memory foam topper that dissipates heat away from the body while providing lasting support.
- ContourSleep Bed Wedge System: Help your loved one find the perfect position for ultimate relaxation. Versatile wedges allow added support where it’s needed most.
- Sleep Mask by Tempur-Pedic: Don’t let light keep you or your loved one awake. This sleep mask is perfect for sleeping on a plane, in a hotel room, or grabbing an afternoon nap.
- Technogel Anatomic Gel Pillow : A layer of cooling gel with a memory foam design make this a cool, comfortable gift option this season. Receive a free gel travel pillow when you purchase 2 Technogel pillows ($109 value) until 12/31.
- TEMPUR-Flex Elite: Support that moves with you? Now, that’s a gift! This mattress has a dynamically responsive feel that is both comfortable and supportive where you need it most.
Visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with a trained associate who can help you find the perfect gift based on your specific needs. We give our customers one-on-one support to ensure they are going home with the best product solutions for themselves or someone in their life. Visit us online at RelaxTheBack.com and on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest for more holiday tips and gift guides.
Sleep is a core part of everyone’s health. But are you getting enough? If you wake up feeling groggy, chances are you’re not getting quality sleep. Nearly eight in 10 Americans believe they would be more prepared for the day and would feel better if they got just one more hour of sleep.
Thankfully, there are techniques that can help you get some extra shut eye. By incorporating the tips we’ve outline below, you can create healthy sleep habits. When we are getting adequate sleep, we’re improving our cognitive function, cardiovascular health and our personal performance.
Be on your way to a better night’s rest with these tips and tricks:
- Try aromatherapy oils: Essential oils can help calm the mind and put you in a state of relaxation. The scent of lavender is known for its sleep benefits. Spray your pillow or diffuse oils as you are getting ready for bed.
- Stretch and exercise the neck before bed: Strengthening your neck with certain exercises can be helpful in preventing pain, so you can fall asleep easier and wake up feeling better.
- Create the ultimate sleep environment: Make your room a sleep oasis by incorporating pieces that calm you; light colors, comfortable bedding, and quality sleep products. Think cool, dark, and quiet when putting together your space.
- Listen to soothing music: Turn on a sleep inspired playlist that lasts 30-45 minutes. Soothing tunes will drown out noises from neighbors or the outdoors.
- Minimize any disruptions: Cover electronic screens, use a sleep mask, or purchase heavy shades or curtains to keep distracting lights out.
- Establish consistent sleep and wake routines: Sticking to a regular routine, even on the weekends, helps the body unwind and wake up naturally.
- Take a warm bath or shower: Relax tense muscles and unwind before bed. Also, stepping into a cool room after a warm shower helps decrease body temperatures, which triggers a tranquil, drowsy feeling.
- Put electronics away: Laptops, smartphones, TVs, or tablets should be powered down and put away (outside of the bedroom!) 45-60 minutes before bedtime. The bright lights of these screens triggers our brains to wake up, making it difficult to fall asleep.
- Get up after 20 minutes: If you are still awake, tossing and turning, after 20 minutes, get out of bed and try a relaxing activity. Listen to calming music, make a cup of caffeine-free tea, or read a book.
- Be mindful of what you eat and drink: Avoid heavy or large meals 2 to 3 hours before bedtime. Feeling full can cause discomfort and indigestion, keeping you awake. Be sure to limit alcohol and caffeine intake as well.
Visit your local Relax The Back location to speak with one of our trained specialists who can provide more ideas for improving your sleep environment. They will work with you one-on-one to you find the mattress, pillow, bed wedge, or mattress topper that fits your needs so you can sleep better and live better.
At Relax The Back, we understand the importance of restorative sleep. Sleep is one of the most significant contributions to your overall health and well-being. When you receive a good night’s rest, you wake up feeling rejuvenated and refreshed on your way to living the best life possible. Making sure you are getting quality sleep depends on many factors. However, the foundation of a better night’s rest begins with your sleep products.
Quality sleep products support your body from the moment you lie down until the second you wake up. From mattresses, to adjustable bases, to pillows, having the proper support keeps your spine and muscles aligned to reduce pressure, improve circulation, and keep you comfortable all night long.
Tempur-Pedic products adapt to your exact body shape, size, and weight giving you a completely customized sleep experience. Below are a few of our favorite products that will help you be on your way to a good night’s rest.
- TEMPUR-Neck Pillow: Perfect for back and side sleepers looking for a more therapeutic, restful sleep. Maintain the natural curve of your spine with a pillow that adequately supports your head, neck, and shoulders. Ergonomic pillows can also help prevent snoring.
- TEMPUR-Contour Elite Mattress: For those wanting more adaptive support, the TEMPUR-Contour Collection is a firmer feeling mattress. Coupled with light contouring, this mattress relieves pressure points for less tossing and turning throughout the night.
- Body Pillow: Improve circulation, and find full body ergonomic support and spinal alignment, allowing muscles to fully relax for a more restful sleep.
- TEMPUR All-Purpose Pillow: Used as a neck roll, lumbar cushion, or leg spacer, this “peanut” shaped TEMPUR pillow responds to body temperature and weight to provide unmatched comfort, pressure relief, and ergonomic support wherever you are.
- Sleep Mask: Minimize disruptions and keep out light from electronic screens or outdoor lights.
- TEMPUR Adjustable Bases: Personalize your comfort levels while maintaining the natural curve of your lower back. Adjustable bases provide support in bed when sleeping, reading, or relaxing.
Take advantage of our Tempur-Pedic sales event going on now. Receive up to $300 in free gifts with the purchase of any Tempur-Pedic Mattress Set and apply for our 48-month finance buydown program.
Visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with our trained sleep experts who can help you test out our numerous Tempur-Pedic and quality sleep products. They will work with you one-on-one to determine the best product solutions for your specific needs. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest for more tips, products and giveaways that will help you sleep better and live better.
A better night’s rest is a common desire among adults. Whether you’re stressed about work, dealing with unwanted noises and light at night, or not having the proper temperature set in your bedroom, there are numerous factors that can contribute to a good night’s sleep. The foundation of quality sleep however, begins with your mattress.
Think back to the last time you replaced your mattress. Has it been more than 8 years? If so, it is time to update your sleep setting. Over time, materials in your mattress begin to degrade making it more uncomfortable to sleep on. If you’re waking up with aches and pains, your mattress could be the culprit. It’s important to have the right mattress to fulfill your needs, to sleep better, and to optimize your overall wellness.
If it’s time for you to get a new mattress, use this guide to help find the right one for you.
- Determine your needs: Are you a hot sleeper that is always looking for the coolest side of the pillow? Does back pain or neck pain keep you up at night? The type of mattress you get is based on your specific needs and preferences.
- Establish your budget: Once you have set a budget, speak with a sales consultant to see which mattresses fit into your budget and your sleeping style.
- Utilize our sleep experts: No two bodies or preferences are the same. Our trained specialists can help find a mattress that supports your spine and your body where you need it most. By testing out mattresses in the store, you’ll be able to determine the size and firmness that is perfect for you.
- Personalized comfort and support: Mattresses come in a variety of sizes and firmness levels. One that is too firm will push on main pressure points causing your body to be out of proper alignment. A mattress that is too soft will not properly support your body or those pressure points. It comes down to personal preference when selecting a firmer or softer mattress. The key to a restful night’s sleep is finding the mattress that supports your body while allowing your spine, head, and neck to rest in neutral posture. Consider an adjustable base for an even more personalized sleep system.
- Mattress for two: It’s also important to keep in mind the size of your mattress when shopping for two. For couples who like close quarters, a queen sized mattress is recommended. For those who prefer maximum personal space, opt for a king.
- Give it time: It takes your body time to adjust to sleeping on a new surface. There is a natural adjustment period. Give it a few nights if you are not feeling the same level of comfort you initially felt in the store. Rest easy knowing Relax The Back supports you with a 90 Night Sleep Guarantee.
Finding the right mattress for your sleep style and body type is essential, not only for pain relief, but also for your overall health and well-being. Even if you are not currently experiencing pain, replacing your mattress every 8 years will help you continue to have countless nights of restful sleep.
Visit your local Relax The Back store to feel the difference of a well-selected mattress. Our trained sleep experts can work with you to find a mattress that will put you on the right track to living better and sleeping easier.
If sleeping with your significant other is a struggle, you’re not alone. 85% of American adults report they have problems sleeping at night with 40% of those adults saying it is due to their spouse or partner tossing and turning. There are numerous studies that suggest sleeping together has a positive impact on one’s health, and more and more adults are sleeping separately in order to get a better night’s sleep. Tossing and turning, snoring, temperature control, and distractions can have negative effects on your sleep quality and health and are common reasons adults are sleeping apart.
Follow these 7 tips to help the two of you sleep better together:
- Get fitted for a pillow. Find a pillow that fits your specific sleeping style and body type and be sure to replace it every two to three years. Over time, pillows can collect bacteria, mold, and dust mites to become unhealthy to sleep on as well as change shape.
- Invest in the best mattress. Along with your pillow, your mattress is key to helping you fall asleep and stay asleep. Our trained sleep experts can work with you to show you numerous mattress options based on preferences of both you and your partner. A memory foam mattress is a great option for couples as it diminishes the effects of tossing and turning throughout the night.
- Minimize disruptions. Cover electronic screens, use a sleep mask or purchase heavy shades or curtains to help keep distracting lights away. If possible, keep the kids and pets out of the bed and be sure to turn phones off or on silent.
- Stagger bedtimes. If your partner is keeping you up with their snoring or tossing and turning, going to bed at different times can be a resolution. Try going to sleep first, then have them join once you’ve fallen into a deep sleep.
- Control the temperature. Many couples have different preferences when it comes to sleep temperature. Have an extra set of blankets just for you if you tend to be a cold sleeper. If you’re a hot sleeper, invest in gel sleeping products that will keep you cool and comfortable throughout the night.
- Silence is golden. Consider earplugs or earmuffs to quiet outside noises or your partner snoring. A vibrating alarm clock is another option if you wake up at different times.
- Unwinding after a long day can sometimes be difficult. At the end of the day, this is your time to reconnect with your partner, relax, and be present in the moment.
Visit your local Relax The Back store to try our sleep products out first hand. We can help you determine the best products for your sleeping situation so you and your partner can be on your way to a better night’s sleep.
Sleep easier this summer and save up to $500 off Tempur-Breeze mattress sets. Get free White Glove delivery going on until July 16th and apply for 48-month no interest financing. For a limited time, also receive $25 off select pillows when you use the code PILLOW25.