Stretching is an important factor when determining our overall health and wellness, yet it is often an overlooked part of our regular exercise routine. Whether you live an active life or a sedentary one, the benefits of stretching are far too important to neglect. Stretching not only helps improve joint range of motion and muscle tension relief, it can also improve your sleep. After a quick stretch routine, our bodies feel more relaxed helping us fall into a deeper sleep.
Here are a few other benefits of stretching including a great infographic of a stretch routine you can do after a workout or before bed.
- Flexibility: Stretching helps keep our body and muscles flexible, aligned and in working order. Increase range of motion to ensure good posture, balance and proper movement while improving mobility and reducing stiffness.
- Relaxation: Relieve tension to feel more relaxed. Stretching helps relax your body and your mind. You’ll be more focused and better able to manage stress.
- Pain Prevention: By improving the flexibility of our muscles and joints, we are able to increase our range of motion and prevent injury trigger points.
Consider incorporating this routine, or one that is similar, into your regular exercise regimen. Foam rollers, Inversion Tables, and our Back Support and Stretcher are great tools to help you stretch in the comfort of your own home. For more information on how to stretch using proper technique, try our definitive book or visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with one of our trained specialists for recommendations tailored to your specific needs and abilities.
While massage therapy is often associated with relaxation or a special indulgence during vacation, getting regular massages can have an important role in positively impacting your health and wellbeing. Studies continue to show the positive benefits of incorporating this treatment into your health regimen to improve strephysical, emotional, and mental wellness.
Whether your reasons for massage therapy are for medical purposes, stress-related, or pain relief, massage therapy can:
- Improve range of motion and flexibility, which helps reduce and ease back pain.
- Stretch tight or sore muscles while enhancing exercise performance.
- Promote relaxation to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Ease the pressure and pain of tension headaches, reducing the frequency and chance of getting one.
- Improve blood flow, keeping joints more fluid to improve flexibility while reducing the risk of injury by working connective tissues, muscles, ligaments, and joints.
- Reduce stress hormones and pain to help you fall asleep and have a better night’s rest.
- Manage and reduce chronic pain naturally to improve quality of life.
Incorporate massage into your daily routine with some of our favorite massage products:
- Foot massagers: Relieve tension and soothe feet with rejuvenating rollers and air massage.
- Massage Cushions: Portable, travel-size cushions provide comfort and relief wherever you are.
- Handheld Massagers: Perfect for those on-the-go, you’ll have targeted therapy at your fingertips.
- Massage Chairs: From shiatsu to traditional style massages, you’ll have the benefits of a full body massage in the comfort of your own home.
At Relax The Back, we understand the importance of health and wellness. When we take care of our bodies, physically and mentally, we feel better and our quality of life is improved. Even if you feel you are not in pain, finding time for massage can prevent pain and health issues in the future. Our selection of massage products makes it easy to incorporate massage into your routine. Visit your local Relax The Back store for an in-store massage experience with the help of one of our trained associates.
‘Tis the season of relief! At Relax The Back, we believe that there is no greater present than good health and comfort from aches and pain. These products will help you, and your loved ones, relax, release muscle tension, relieve back and neck pain, and improve overall health and wellness.
Here are our favorite gifts for relief, rest, and relaxation.
- CoreStretch: Stretch into good health and away from stress. Elongate the back muscles, ligaments, and tendons for a deeply relaxing stretch.
- Human Touch Perfect Chair: Give the gift of zero gravity comfort with one of our Perfect Chairs. Improving circulation, relieve back pressure, and minimizing strain on the spine are a few of the reasons to love zero gravity.
- Kneading Back Massage Cushion: This kneading cushion provides a relaxing back massage any place and anytime. Heat delivers instant back tension relief after a long day.
- Foot Vibration Massager: Tired feet deserve this soothing heated massager. Perfect for under your desk or at home.
- Teeter Hang Ups Contour L5 Inversion Table: Relief is on everyone’s wish list. Inversion tables decrease pressure on the spine to relieve muscle, shoulder, and back tension. Adjustable acupressure nodes target tense muscles for ultimate relaxation.
Visit your local Relax The Back store for more gift guide ideas for you or your loved ones. Our trained specialists are there to help you find the perfect product for specific pain needs. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest for tips to reduce pain and stress during the holidays.
This October, the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) is raising awareness of the dangers of opioid use and addiction while looking at safer alternatives for treating chronic pain.
The Centers for Disease Control recommend physical therapy as a safe, nonopioid alternative to pain management. Relax The Back was founded on the principles of the McKenzie Method of Mechanical Diagnostics and Therapy (MDT). We strongly believe in the power and importance of movement and self-care.
MDT emphasizes active involvement and educating patients in order to minimize visits to the clinic and diminish pain quickly without turning to medications. Through back and neck care education, patients are able to self-treat the present problem and minimize the risk of a relapse. This also allows patients to manage the pain themselves when symptoms occur.
One easy, natural, and affordable option for treating back and neck pain is ice and heat. Cleveland Clinic has put together this infographic to show when ice or heat is better for your specific pain. Understanding your pain symptoms will help find relief at home.
We offer a wide selection of hot and cold therapy products that can relieve tension and stiffness, relax muscles, and bring relief to everyday life. Stop by your local Relax The Back store or visit us online at relaxtheback.com to learn more about our product solutions.