If you or someone you know experience migraines, you are aware of how debilitating they can be. A migraine is much more than an intense headache. Blurred vision, immense pain, nausea, and numbness to the face or limbs are all symptoms of a migraine headache. These symptoms can last anywhere from 4 to 72 hours.
Those who suffer from migraines are often aware of their triggers; whether it is food, lack of sleep, stress, changes in weather, or hormones, to name a few. Neck and back pain is also a common trigger. A vicious cycle can arise due to neck pain causing sleep disturbances and lack of quality sleep causing migraines. Other than medication, there are ways to help prevent pain and it starts in the bedroom.
Pillows for migraine relief
When we are awake, we are more likely to be aware of our posture and maintaining proper positioning to allow the least amount of stress on our spine. When we sleep, however, we may be falling into positions that do not properly support a neutral posture.
Quality pillows can provide support throughout the night to ensure your spine is properly aligned, minimizing irritation to your neck muscles. Keep in mind, pillows are not all the same size. Getting fitted for a pillow ensures you are sleeping with the correct size and style based on your body type and sleep preference.
These pillows can provide the support you need for migraine relief:
- Technogel Sleeping Gel Pillow: This anatomic pillow keeps your head, neck, and spine aligned while adjusting to your neck shape and movement. A layer of gel keeps you cool and comfortable throughout the night.
- Contourside Pillow by Relax The Back: Ideal for side sleepers, the dual cradle design and airflow system improves breathing while you rest. Also relieves jaw and ear pressure.
- TEMPUR-Cloud Soft & Lofty Pillow: Cushion soft for lasting comfort on your neck, shoulders, and head. TEMPUR micro cushions cradle your head and ease neck pressure.
Visit your local Relax The Back store to try our numerous sleep products firsthand. We know no two bodies are identical. Our trained specialists will work with you to determine the best sleep products for your specific needs. They will fit you for a pillow that is perfect for your body type and preferred sleeping style.
Quality sleep and relaxation is on everyone’s wish list! Hectic schedules at the home to pressures at the office can cause sleep and relaxation to be put on the back burner. Stress and sleep loss can lead to mental, physical, and emotional health issues. Help your loved ones improve their overall health, relax more, and create healthier sleeping habits with products that will continue to give all season long.
Here are our favorite products for those in need of relaxation and a good night’s rest:
- Snoozer Body Pillow: This J-shape pillow helps provide proper spinal alignment and improves circulation. A great gift for loved ones who are pregnant, suffer from a chronic condition or have an injury that requires deep, relaxing support no matter the position.
- PureFit Wedge System: Give the gift of customizable comfort and relaxation. This four-piece wedge system provides ergonomic support and all of the benefits of an adjustable bed. Loved ones will find an optimal rest position and an amazing relaxation experience.
- TEMPUR-Topper Supreme: The perfect alternative to a Tempur-Pedic mattress! Loved ones can use this for camping, overnight guests, or to improve the comfort of their current mattress.
- Technogel Sleeping Anatomic Gel Pillow: Cooling comfort for loved ones who love the cool side of the pillow. Those who suffer neck, back or shoulder pain will find ergonomic relief with the Anatomic gel pillow!
- Tempur-Flex Elite Mattress: Support that moves with you? Now that’s a gift! For you, or a loved one, who experiences back pain, this medium soft mattress, with a new dynamically responsive feel, is especially comfortable and supportive in the places you need it most.
Visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with a trained specialist who can help you find the perfect gift based on specific needs. Also be sure to visit us online (www.relaxtheback.com) and on Facebook and Twitter.
At Relax The Back, we understand the importance of restorative sleep. Quality sleep is the most significant contribution to your overall health and well-being. While there are multiple factors that lead to a great night’s sleep, the foundation begins with your sleep products.
Get back to sleeping better with our list of top products to help you sleep:
- SleepMask by Tempur-Pedic: Eliminate any light that can disturb your sleep with pressure-relieving TEMPUR material. This cozy mask is perfect for home or long travel trips.
- Bed Wedges: Reduce pressure on your spine, improve circulation, and relieve muscle tension by easily adding extra support where you need it most. Find the comfort and support of an adjustable bed with a Bed Wedge system.
- ContourSleep Knee Spacer: Say goodbye to morning stiffness with this hourglass-shaped knee spacer. Made of pressure sensitive memory foam, it supports your spine in a natural, ergonomic position. Relieve hip pain, leg pain, and joint pain, while you get a better night’s sleep.
- TEMPUR-Side Pillow: Whether you sleep on your side or your back, this pillow provides proper neck alignment for superior comfort and therapeutic support. Relax neck and shoulder muscles completely with plush and pressure-relieving comfort material.
- Technogel Pillows: For those who love the cool side of the pillow, this pillow offers a layer of cool gel to help relieve pain-inducing pressure with no loss of support and alignment. You’ll feel a cool refreshing sensation against your skin as the Technogel layer disperses your body heat.
- Snoozer Body Pillow: Perfect for those who are pregnant, have injuries, or chronic pain, the Snoozer body pillow provides ergonomic support and comfort from your neck, to your lower back, down to your feet. You’ll find deep, relaxing support no matter the sleep position.
- ChiliPad Mattress Control System: Control your ideal sleep temperature with the touch of a button. A cooling and heating temperature control system regulates the surface temperature of your mattress so you can sleep comfortably throughout the night.
- Tempur-Pedic Mattress: Find the personalized comfort and support that your body needs with a Tempur-Pedic mattress. By contouring to your body, these mattresses reduce the number of pressure points on your body, leaving tossing and turning a thing of the past. From soft-as-a-cloud, to ultra firm, to cooling material for those who sleep hot, you can find a mattress perfect for your needs.
Be sure to visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with one of our trained specialists who can help you find the right products for your specific sleep needs. Also, follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more sleep tips and solutions.