Life is all about balance. Think about your current routine when you get home from work. How often do you come home, sit down in your favorite chair, turn on the TV, and spend the rest of your evening there? Do you have difficulty turning off work mode, continuing to answer emails and finishing projects after you’ve left the office? While we understand there are days where you need to finish work, or you want to catch up on TV shows, doing so time and time again can leave you feeling burnt out and unfulfilled.
We all deserve a break from our busy lives. Create an after-work routine that makes the most of your time and one that will leave you feeling relaxed with these helpful tips.
- Put your computer away, turn off email alerts: Possibly the most important task of all – set boundaries for work life and personal life. Do your best to leave work at work. Take a break from electronics by turning off your work email, putting away your computer, and being present with yourself or your family at home.
- Read a book or listen to music: Instead of turning the TV on, listen to some soothing music or settle in with a book. Enjoy the peace and quiet and use this time to fully relax and unwind.
- Prep for the next day: Make a list of tasks you would like to accomplish and items you may need the next day. This could be snacks, your workout gear, your computer charger, your lunch, etc. You’ll feel prepared for the day ahead and you’ll be able to fully relax without worrying about forgetting something.
- Set aside time to learn something new: Get your creative juices flowing. Learn a new language with apps like Duolingo, sign up for a free class on Skillshare, cook a new meal with the help of HelloFresh or Blue Apron. You will feel more accomplished and satisfied with your time at home if you’re working on something you enjoy.
- Make time for massage: Have some much needed “me-time” to fully decompress, release the tension and stresses of the day, and allow for uninterrupted massages. Find relief and relaxation with our wide range of massage products.
We hope these tips are useful in having more relaxing nights at home. If you’re looking for even more ways to relax at home, visit your local Relax The Back location to speak with our trained specialists. They can show you our full line of massage chairs, recliners, and massage products for ultimate relaxation at home.
The negative effects of stress on the mind and body are no secret. High blood pressure, anxiety, depression, headaches, and increased risk of stroke or heart attack are just a few of symptoms that can be caused by stress. While stress is a natural part of life, too much of anything, especially stress, can be harmful to your overall health and wellness. Eventually, it will take a toll on your emotional and physical state.
Fortunately, there are ways to manage the stresses of everyday life. Yoga offers many benefits beyond increased flexibility and strength. Studies have found that a consistent yoga practice can lead to an increase in serotonin levels and a decrease in the stress hormone, cortisol. Through breathing exercises and yoga poses, you can lower your blood pressure, improve focus, and release tension and anxiety.
If you’re looking for ways to keep calm and reduce stress, take a look at the infographic below from Health Perch. They offer step-by-step instructions for 13 yoga poses that relieve stress.
Life is all about balance. While productive work days and extracurricular activities can improve certain aspects of life, oftentimes, these busy and productive days can lead to increased stress and anxiety. Stress takes a toll on one’s overall health and wellbeing. From depression and irritability to physical pain such as dizziness, nausea, and chest pain, stress can present itself in many different ways.
It is important to make time for yourself to relax. Allowing for downtime will reduce the harmful effects of stress, help you avoid burnout and fatigue, and relieve built up tension.
With National Relaxation Day occurring on August 15th, we want to provide a few simple ways that you can de-stress and relax. Whichever way you decide to relax, use this time to fully unwind, recharge, and refocus.
- Read: Take a break from a busy day to sit back in your favorite chair with a book or magazine.
- Exercise: Physical activity can lift spirits and help beat stress. Try yoga, Pilates, or running.
- Listen to music: Whether it’s classical, country, or top 40, listening (and singing) to your favorite song can improve your mood.
- Meditate: Silent meditation has shown to relieve stress and depression.
- Massage: Headaches, muscle tension, and stress are often linked together. Massage can release tense muscles to help you feel more relaxed.
- Get in touch with your creative side: Color, paint, and calligraphy, have become popular ways to unwind and relax.
Enjoy BIG savings on Perfect Chairs going on now through September 30th! Relax in comfort when you save $500 of select premium leather Perfect Chair models.
Visit your local Relax The Back store to try one out first-hand and register to WIN your very own Perfect Chair. Our trained specialists will share the many benefits of neutral posture while helping you feel the difference in comfort when you recline in the zero gravity position. Head to your local store for more details.