Summer is the perfect time for some R&R. National Relaxation Day is August 15th, and we believe that relaxation is the key ingredient in staying both happy and healthy. The day was founded all the way back in 1985 by Sean Moeller, who wanted to remind people about the importance of taking the time to slow things down and relax.
If you’re looking for a few ways to boost your mood and relax, here are some suggestions.
- Listening to music: Not only is music a calming presence, it’s also a great way to reduce stress and even lower your blood pressure.
- Going for a swim: Whether it’s at the public pool or your local gym, swimming is a low-impact exercise that will both cool you off and raise your self-esteem.
- Pick up gardening. Studies show that a hobby such as gardening can help improve your mood, and spending the day in the fresh air surrounded by nature is always recommended.
- Reading a book: Reading gives your brain a workout and is especially good for melting away stress. If you like reading in bed, try using Riter’s Real-Ease Neck Support, as it holds the head up which reduces strain on the neck muscles.
- Plan a picnic: Surrounding yourself with great people and a basket of healthy, delicious food will toss all of your worries to the side and help put things in perspective.
- Go to the movies: Spending a couple of hours in a dark, air-conditioned room is the perfect escape from all of your problems – and a great way to spend some time with family!
Another way to achieve long-lasting comfort and relaxation is through neutral posture. Spine-friendly furniture such as the Human Touch Perfect Chair allow you to easily sink into neutral posture to help you fully relax and decompress. By properly aligning our body, our bones, rather than our muscles, are supporting our weight. This is our bodies preferred state.
At Relax The Back, we understand the importance of staying happy, healthy and comfortable. This National Relaxation Day, make sure to set aside some time for yourself and enjoy the day!
Life is all about balance. While productive work days and extracurricular activities can improve certain aspects of life, oftentimes, these busy and productive days can lead to increased stress and anxiety. Stress takes a toll on one’s overall health and wellbeing. From depression and irritability to physical pain such as dizziness, nausea, and chest pain, stress can present itself in many different ways.
It is important to make time for yourself to relax. Allowing for downtime will reduce the harmful effects of stress, help you avoid burnout and fatigue, and relieve built up tension.
With National Relaxation Day occurring on August 15th, we want to provide a few simple ways that you can de-stress and relax. Whichever way you decide to relax, use this time to fully unwind, recharge, and refocus.
- Read: Take a break from a busy day to sit back in your favorite chair with a book or magazine.
- Exercise: Physical activity can lift spirits and help beat stress. Try yoga, Pilates, or running.
- Listen to music: Whether it’s classical, country, or top 40, listening (and singing) to your favorite song can improve your mood.
- Meditate: Silent meditation has shown to relieve stress and depression.
- Massage: Headaches, muscle tension, and stress are often linked together. Massage can release tense muscles to help you feel more relaxed.
- Get in touch with your creative side: Color, paint, and calligraphy, have become popular ways to unwind and relax.
Enjoy BIG savings on Perfect Chairs going on now through September 30th! Relax in comfort when you save $500 of select premium leather Perfect Chair models.
Visit your local Relax The Back store to try one out first-hand and register to WIN your very own Perfect Chair. Our trained specialists will share the many benefits of neutral posture while helping you feel the difference in comfort when you recline in the zero gravity position. Head to your local store for more details.
The holidays are fully underway, which means aches and pains due to overexertion are more likely to occur. Shopping and preparing for the holidays is not only stressful but it can also contribute to unwelcome muscle pain and fatigue.
Here are a few tips to prevent pain during the holidays:
- Stay hydrated: Water helps to lubricate and cushion joints and muscles. Inflammation and chronic muscles spasms can be linked to dehydration. Drink at least half of your body weight in ounces per day. If you weigh 150 lbs. aim to drink 75 oz. of water.
- Maintain a healthy diet and exercise routine: Don’t push aside your regular eating habits and workout routines. If you’re attending holiday parties, eat in moderation and beware of your nutritional needs. Perform gentle exercises such as these foam roller exercises to help keep muscles loose and prevent pain from happening.
- Stress less: Anxiety and stress can creep up during these busy times. Enjoy the holidays and reduce stress with these tips.
- Vary positions when wrapping presents: While there is no Ideal position for wrapping gifts, you should remember to vary positions as often as possible. Alternate wrapping one gift on a countertop while standing and another gift while sitting at a table. Avoid sitting on the floor to wrap gifts as this can cause unwanted aches and pains and promote poor posture.
- Make sleep a priority: Inadequate sleep can cause pain to worsen over time. It is important to make sure you are continuing to get quality sleep during these hectic holidays. Treat yourself to an early present and ensure better sleep with these sleep products. If possible, try to sneak in a nap during the day. You’ll increase alertness and stamina to help keep you going.
Visit us online at www.relaxtheback.com or stop by your local Relax The Back store to speak with one of our trained associates for pain relief solutions this holiday season. Enjoy Black Friday savings now through December 1st!
At Relax The Back, we truly believe nothing brings joy like the gift of comfort. Show your loved ones how much you care with a gift that keeps on giving. We’ve put together a list of our favorite affordable gifts that are sure to relieve pain and discomforts, aid in relaxation, and bring comfort to all members of the family. If you’re wondering what to get friends and family this holiday season look no further. Here are some great affordable gifts to wrap up relief:
- Theracane ($35): Relieve stiffness and pain as you control the pressure to massage deep into tense muscles. Perfect for anyone on the go.
- CoreStretch ($70): Perfect for the office or while on vacation, the CoreStretch helps you safely stretch muscles, tendons, and ligaments in your back, shoulders, hips, and legs. Reduce pain, enhance mobility, and increase flexibility with this lightweight, portable tool.
- Slatted Footrest ($69): Footrests help align feet with the rest of the body to help reduce strain on your back and neck muscles.
- Lumbar Extender ($99): 5 minutes, 2 times a day is all you need to relieve back pain with the Lumbar Extender. Targeted pressure is applied along your vertebrae to release tension and enhance muscle relaxation.
- Neck & Shoulder Massager ($149): Find relief after your holiday travels with the powerful percussive action of this Neck and Shoulder wrap. With built-in heat and 20 automated programs, you’ll loosen muscles and quiet aches.
- Haven Foot Massager ($249): Give tired feet a comfortable treat with total reflexology. The Haven Foot Massager uses rejuvenating rollers, kneading air massage, optional deep heat therapy and two tension-relieving programs.
- Sit-to-Stand WorkPad ($299): Give the gift of mobility in the workspace. This ergonomic work stand can be rolled anywhere. The single-handed height adjustment allows for immediate and effortless transition from sitting to standing.
Treat your loved ones (or yourself) with something special this year. Visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with a trained specialist who can help you find the perfect gift based on specific needs. Also be sure to visit us online (www.relaxtheback.com) and on Facebook and Twitter.
The start of November brings the beginning of the holiday season. The season for family time, gift giving, merriment and traveling. Unfortunately, this time can also bring up a lot of stress, anxiety, and angst. The average American will spend one standard work-week a year on holiday activities alone. Roughly 42 hours a year are spent traveling, wrapping gifts, returning gifts, shopping, and attending holiday parties. Not only can stress ruin your holidays, it can also cause harm to your physical and emotional wellbeing. This year, enjoy the holidays and reduce stress before it begins with these helpful tips:
- Plan ahead: Whether you’re making dinner for friends and family or braving the crowds at the mall, making a list can help save time and energy. Wandering aimlessly around the grocery store or the mall can lead to back aches and foot pain. Making a list can get you in and out of stores quickly while keeping you organized during a hectic schedule.
- Don’t abandon your daily routine: It’s important to stick with your daily habits. Make your workout schedule, meal planning, book club, etc., work with your holiday schedule not against it.
- Say “no”: Be aware of when you are stretching yourself too thin. We often feel we have to say yes to all social engagements around the holidays. In the end, this can leave you feeling run down and stressed about the next event. Instead, make plans with friends and family soon after the holiday season winds down.
- Set aside time for yourself: Go to your favorite workout class, read a book, soak in a warm bath or listen to soothing music. Make sure you are taking time to relax and de-stress.
- Add stress-relieving products to your wish list: Ask for gifts that relieve pain and provide comfort and relaxation. For great gifts for the man, woman, or recent grads in your life take a look at Gifts of Comfort for Moms and Grads and Gift Ideas for Dads.
We hope these tips help you have a stress-free and pain-free holiday season with friends and family. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter or visit your local Relax The Back store for more holiday gift ideas.
The situations and pressures of everyday life can take a toll on one’s overall health and well-being. From depression, irritability, and anxiety to physical pain such as nausea, dizziness, and chest pain, stress can present itself in many different ways. Finding time and ways to relax will help reduce the negative effects of stress on your body and mind, relieve built up tension, and calm emotions. Relaxation techniques can help one cope with stress management and improve their overall quality of life.
Next time you are feeling stressed and overwhelmed, try one of our 10 ways to relax and de-stress. Even if you feel that you don’t have time to slow down, many of these techniques only take a few minutes.
This holiday season, Relax The Back wanted to give our community gifts that keep on giving. Over a two and a half week period, we presented seven gifts that relieve tension and pain. Seven lucky winners have been chosen to receive these gifts of comfort that are sure to bring relief and relaxation.
Congratulations to the following Relax The Back community members:
Thank you to all who participated. We hope everyone has a wonderful holiday; free from pain and stress!
Wondering what to get your loved ones this holiday season? We truly believe nothing brings joy like the gift of comfort. Relax The Back’s 2013 Holiday Gift Guide brings you the best gifts that are sure to relax, relieve pain and discomforts, restore muscles, and bring comfort to all members of the family.
Here are our top ten Ahh-inspiring gifts to help you shop for loved ones this season:
If you’re like most people you use your smartphone, laptop, tablet and other devices within an hour before you go to sleep and your device(s) are also probably within arms reach once you fall asleep. We’ve provided you tips for improving your sleep environment as well as your daily routine to help you get a better night’s rest but have you thought about utilizing your smartphone?
Whether you are having trouble falling asleep or waking up, these five Apple and Android apps will help you relax more at night and wake up feeling refreshed:
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more sleep tips and facts. Or visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with one of our trained specialists.
The 4th of July can often turn into a hectic and busy holiday so, what better time to plan for a relaxing weekend instead? Whether you’re planning a weekend getaway with a significant other, visiting friends and family out of town, or just having a staycation at home, Relax The Back believes everyone deserves some rest and leisure every now and then.
Here are some of our favorite products and tips to help you relax this upcoming holiday weekend:
- Sleep in comfort during the hot summer nights with a Cooling Slumber Pad. Using a layer of thermally activated gel to absorb and dissipate body heat while the user sleeps, this pad can relieve sunburn, sooth menopause and ease lower back pain.
- Feeling stressed? Try these Restorative Yoga Poses to help ease tension and stress from a busy workweek.
- With four heated massage heads rotating in opposite directions you can reach ultimate relaxation and muscle stimulation with the Kneading Back Massage Cushion.
- Spend time relaxing and enjoying the outdoors in our Zero Gravity Outdoor Recliner. Offering proper back support and a high level of comfort, this chair is the perfect ergonomic relaxation piece for any outdoor area.
- Sneak in a nap or two throughout the weekend.
- Relieve pressure and back pain with our Mastercare Inversion Table. With a lower pivot point you can relieve sciatica and muscle spasms with a greater sense of safety and security.
Be sure to visit us at one of our Relax The Back locations or online at www.relaxtheback.com, to continue the holiday weekend relaxation.
Every year flowers are bought, breakfast in bed is made, and cards are given to Moms on Mother’s Day. But why not get her something that she can enjoy all year long?
Relax The Back has the perfect gift for any mother who could use more relaxation in their life. These products will help relieve back, neck, shoulder, and other physical pains she may have. Give a gift that will last her years to come and provide comfort and relaxation whenever she needs it.
Here are 5 of our favourite Mother’s Day gifts:
- Kneading Back Massage Cushion – after a long day working at the office or around the house, give the gift of soothing massages anytime she wants.
- Monitor Mount iPad Holder – for the tech savvy mom, this eases and minimizes eye and neck strain.
- Original Backnobber II – a simple, portable tool for self deep-muscle massages that any on-the-go mom will enjoy.
- Foot Log – busy moms who are on their feet all day, whether in the kitchen or running errands can relieve the pressure in aching feet anywhere, anytime in just ten minutes.
- Wrap-Around Neck Pillow with Lavender – offer the hardworking mom a relaxing, spa-like experience with comfortable head and neck support.
To treat the mother(s) in your life to something truly special this year, visit us in-store, online (www.relaxtheback.com) and on Facebook or Twitter.