While massage therapy is often associated with relaxation or a special indulgence during vacation, getting regular massages can have an important role in positively impacting your health and wellbeing. Studies continue to show the positive benefits of incorporating this treatment into your health regimen to improve strephysical, emotional, and mental wellness.
Whether your reasons for massage therapy are for medical purposes, stress-related, or pain relief, massage therapy can:
- Improve range of motion and flexibility, which helps reduce and ease back pain.
- Stretch tight or sore muscles while enhancing exercise performance.
- Promote relaxation to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Ease the pressure and pain of tension headaches, reducing the frequency and chance of getting one.
- Improve blood flow, keeping joints more fluid to improve flexibility while reducing the risk of injury by working connective tissues, muscles, ligaments, and joints.
- Reduce stress hormones and pain to help you fall asleep and have a better night’s rest.
- Manage and reduce chronic pain naturally to improve quality of life.
Incorporate massage into your daily routine with some of our favorite massage products:
- Foot massagers: Relieve tension and soothe feet with rejuvenating rollers and air massage.
- Massage Cushions: Portable, travel-size cushions provide comfort and relief wherever you are.
- Handheld Massagers: Perfect for those on-the-go, you’ll have targeted therapy at your fingertips.
- Massage Chairs: From shiatsu to traditional style massages, you’ll have the benefits of a full body massage in the comfort of your own home.
At Relax The Back, we understand the importance of health and wellness. When we take care of our bodies, physically and mentally, we feel better and our quality of life is improved. Even if you feel you are not in pain, finding time for massage can prevent pain and health issues in the future. Our selection of massage products makes it easy to incorporate massage into your routine. Visit your local Relax The Back store for an in-store massage experience with the help of one of our trained associates.
Midday naps are no longer reserved for children. In fact, companies such as Nike and Google are encouraging their employees to reap the benefits of catching a few Z’s during the workday. Did you know that napping for just 20-minutes could clear your brain of built-up information therefore, improving long-term memory? Or that squeezing in 60-minutes of shuteye can improve alertness for up to 10 hours?
This helpful infographic dives into napping benefits, the different types of naps, and even famous people caught napping.
Visit us online at www.relaxtheback.com or stop by your local Relax The Back location to see our full collection of sleep products. Enjoy Labor Day savings now through September 7th and receive up to $500 in savings when you purchase any Tempur-Pedic adjustable base + mattress.
(Click image to enlarge)
Hectic, busy lives often cause sleep to be put on the back burner. Over time this can lead to serious health risks. In fact, chronic sleep loss can lead to problems ranging from depression to high blood pressure to weight gain. Getting the best night’s rest you can starts with creating an environment that promotes comfort and relaxation.
Maximize the comfort of your sleep environment with these tips:
- If your partner snores or has disruptive sleep patterns, discuss an arrangement that allows you both to get the sleep you need. Consider using a pillow that helps prevent snoring such as the TEMPUR-Side Pillow.
- Keep your room cool: 65-72°F is optimal room temperature. If you tend to get too warm at night avoid wearing heavy sleepwear. Pillows and mattresses that use cooling gels and material, such as the Technogel pillows, the TEMPUR-Breeze pillow and the TEMPUR-Breeze mattress, can help keep your body temperature down during warm nights.
- Invest in a supportive, comfortable mattress. A good mattress is the foundation of a good night’s sleep.
- Turn off electronics 45-60 minutes before bedtime. The lights of tablets, phones, and computer screens suppress melatonin production, making it harder to fall asleep and stay asleep.
- Darkness is best: try using a sleep mask to cover your eyes, use heavy curtains or shades to keep out morning light, or cover electronic displays.
- Keep all work material out of your bedroom. Stressful activities, whether physical or psychological, can cause the body to excrete the stress hormone cortisol, which is associated with increasing alertness.
- Quiet is key: try using a “white noise” app to block out unwanted noise. You can also use a fan, which does double duty to keep your room cool and provides consistent, soft, background noise.
Visit your local Relax The Back location to speak with a trained specialist regarding your specific sleep needs and follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more tips. Be sure to sign up for our newsletter to get information and tips on sleep, office, and overall wellness, straight to your inbox! To sign up, visit www.relaxtheback.com and enter your email address at the bottom of the page.
Recently, we provided you with our top five apps to help you sleep more soundly and wake up more refreshed. While there are many apps on the market to help you achieve this, there are also many gadgets that can help you create a comfortable and relaxing sleep environment.
We’ve tracked down five gadgets to help you monitor your sleep quality, block out unwanted noise, control temperatures and wake up naturally to feel well rested:
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more sleep tips and facts. Or visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with one of our trained specialists.