Gifts of comfort come in all sizes. Whether you are buying for your daughter, father-in-law, or family friend, we have gift ideas that everyone will be happy to find in their stocking on Christmas day.
Below we’ve listed our favourite stocking stuffers to help relieve pain and discomfort this holiday:
- Sleep Mask by Tempur-Pedic ($29): Soothing sleep makes the perfect gift! Cool and comfortable, this mask is made with pressure-relieving TEMPUR material, so you can nod off in total darkness. Perfect for loved ones who travel often.
- ErgoTravel Keyboard ($40): This waterproof, flexible, and worry-free keyboard prevents strain on arms, wrists, and back while providing ergonomic support for your hard-working loved one.
- Moji 360 Foot Massager ($39): Know a loved one that can never have too many foot massages? The Moji 360 mimics the touch of a professional massage therapist to revitalize sore, tired, and aching feet.
- Self-Inflating Back Rest ($40): For work, at the movies, or in the car, this lumbar support is easy-to-use and easy-to-store. This is a gift that keeps on giving, long after the holiday season.
- TEMPUR All-Purpose Pillow ($49): This pillow’s unique “peanut” shape allows for multi-purpose ergonomic support. Its space-saving size makes it a perfect travel neck roll, lumbar cushion, or leg spacer.
Add these great gifts to your loved ones (or your own) stocking this year. Visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with a trained specialist who can help you find the perfect gift based on specific needs. Also be sure to visit us online (www.relaxtheback.com) and on Facebook and Twitter.
The holidays are fully underway, which means aches and pains due to overexertion are more likely to occur. Shopping and preparing for the holidays is not only stressful but it can also contribute to unwelcome muscle pain and fatigue.
Here are a few tips to prevent pain during the holidays:
- Stay hydrated: Water helps to lubricate and cushion joints and muscles. Inflammation and chronic muscles spasms can be linked to dehydration. Drink at least half of your body weight in ounces per day. If you weigh 150 lbs. aim to drink 75 oz. of water.
- Maintain a healthy diet and exercise routine: Don’t push aside your regular eating habits and workout routines. If you’re attending holiday parties, eat in moderation and beware of your nutritional needs. Perform gentle exercises such as these foam roller exercises to help keep muscles loose and prevent pain from happening.
- Stress less: Anxiety and stress can creep up during these busy times. Enjoy the holidays and reduce stress with these tips.
- Vary positions when wrapping presents: While there is no Ideal position for wrapping gifts, you should remember to vary positions as often as possible. Alternate wrapping one gift on a countertop while standing and another gift while sitting at a table. Avoid sitting on the floor to wrap gifts as this can cause unwanted aches and pains and promote poor posture.
- Make sleep a priority: Inadequate sleep can cause pain to worsen over time. It is important to make sure you are continuing to get quality sleep during these hectic holidays. Treat yourself to an early present and ensure better sleep with these sleep products. If possible, try to sneak in a nap during the day. You’ll increase alertness and stamina to help keep you going.
Visit us online at www.relaxtheback.com or stop by your local Relax The Back store to speak with one of our trained associates for pain relief solutions this holiday season. Enjoy Black Friday savings now through December 1st!
‘Tis the season for giving and Relax The Back would like to give back to our community. Over the next 7 weeks we will be giving away products during our “Gifts of Comfort” Giveaway. We hope these products will help you enjoy the holidays, and beyond, in relaxation and ultimate comfort.
To enter, simply visit our Facebook page and Like or Comment on the given week’s giveaway prize to be entered to win. A new giveaway prize will be revealed every week. Winners will be selected weekly, at random, prior to the new prize being announced. You may enter as many times as you wish.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for our holiday promotions and tops to stay pain-free and stress-free this holiday season! See official Terms and Conditions for more information.
At Relax The Back, we truly believe nothing brings joy like the gift of comfort. Show your loved ones how much you care with a gift that keeps on giving. We’ve put together a list of our favorite affordable gifts that are sure to relieve pain and discomforts, aid in relaxation, and bring comfort to all members of the family. If you’re wondering what to get friends and family this holiday season look no further. Here are some great affordable gifts to wrap up relief:
- Theracane ($35): Relieve stiffness and pain as you control the pressure to massage deep into tense muscles. Perfect for anyone on the go.
- CoreStretch ($70): Perfect for the office or while on vacation, the CoreStretch helps you safely stretch muscles, tendons, and ligaments in your back, shoulders, hips, and legs. Reduce pain, enhance mobility, and increase flexibility with this lightweight, portable tool.
- Slatted Footrest ($69): Footrests help align feet with the rest of the body to help reduce strain on your back and neck muscles.
- Lumbar Extender ($99): 5 minutes, 2 times a day is all you need to relieve back pain with the Lumbar Extender. Targeted pressure is applied along your vertebrae to release tension and enhance muscle relaxation.
- Neck & Shoulder Massager ($149): Find relief after your holiday travels with the powerful percussive action of this Neck and Shoulder wrap. With built-in heat and 20 automated programs, you’ll loosen muscles and quiet aches.
- Haven Foot Massager ($249): Give tired feet a comfortable treat with total reflexology. The Haven Foot Massager uses rejuvenating rollers, kneading air massage, optional deep heat therapy and two tension-relieving programs.
- Sit-to-Stand WorkPad ($299): Give the gift of mobility in the workspace. This ergonomic work stand can be rolled anywhere. The single-handed height adjustment allows for immediate and effortless transition from sitting to standing.
Treat your loved ones (or yourself) with something special this year. Visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with a trained specialist who can help you find the perfect gift based on specific needs. Also be sure to visit us online (www.relaxtheback.com) and on Facebook and Twitter.
The start of November brings the beginning of the holiday season. The season for family time, gift giving, merriment and traveling. Unfortunately, this time can also bring up a lot of stress, anxiety, and angst. The average American will spend one standard work-week a year on holiday activities alone. Roughly 42 hours a year are spent traveling, wrapping gifts, returning gifts, shopping, and attending holiday parties. Not only can stress ruin your holidays, it can also cause harm to your physical and emotional wellbeing. This year, enjoy the holidays and reduce stress before it begins with these helpful tips:
- Plan ahead: Whether you’re making dinner for friends and family or braving the crowds at the mall, making a list can help save time and energy. Wandering aimlessly around the grocery store or the mall can lead to back aches and foot pain. Making a list can get you in and out of stores quickly while keeping you organized during a hectic schedule.
- Don’t abandon your daily routine: It’s important to stick with your daily habits. Make your workout schedule, meal planning, book club, etc., work with your holiday schedule not against it.
- Say “no”: Be aware of when you are stretching yourself too thin. We often feel we have to say yes to all social engagements around the holidays. In the end, this can leave you feeling run down and stressed about the next event. Instead, make plans with friends and family soon after the holiday season winds down.
- Set aside time for yourself: Go to your favorite workout class, read a book, soak in a warm bath or listen to soothing music. Make sure you are taking time to relax and de-stress.
- Add stress-relieving products to your wish list: Ask for gifts that relieve pain and provide comfort and relaxation. For great gifts for the man, woman, or recent grads in your life take a look at Gifts of Comfort for Moms and Grads and Gift Ideas for Dads.
We hope these tips help you have a stress-free and pain-free holiday season with friends and family. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter or visit your local Relax The Back store for more holiday gift ideas.
Are you one of the 31 million Americans who have suffered from low-back pain at least once in their life? There are many factors that can be associated with back pain but one in particular is gravity. Over the course of the day, gravity compresses weight bearing joints and the spine, which can cause low back pain and discomfort.
Inversion therapy is an age-old practice that involves hanging at an angle to allow the body to be in line with the downward force of gravity. This position can aide in reversing the negative effects gravity has on the spine.
By hanging at an inverted angle, one can elongate their spine and relieve pressure that builds up throughout the day. Inversion therapy helps prevent and relieve pain in the neck and shoulders, chronic low back pain, herniated discs, and sciatica. It can also help with postural problems.
Benefits of using inversion tables include:
- Improve circulation
- Relieve stress
- Heighten mental awareness
- Increase flexibility/range of motion
- Improve posture
Once familiar with the different angles of the inversion table, simple exercises can be done to relieve pressure, realign the spine and pelvis, and increase mobility and flexibility. Hold these each for 1-2 minutes, slowly building up the amount of time and degree of inversion.
- For a full body stretch, raise your arms over your head.
- For a gentle back stretch, raise your back to a slight arch.
- For a side stretch, turn your body to one side, turn to the other side and repeat.
Visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with one of our trained specialists and feel the benefits of an inversion table firsthand. While inversion tables generally provide relief and relaxation, it is best to speak with your doctor before use.
If you have had episodes of pain lasting longer than six months, you may be one of the 100 million Americans who suffer from chronic pain. Pain levels and consistency can vary from person to person. While some may suffer mild, continuous pain, others may have unbearable, sporadic pain.
Symptoms of chronic pain can include feelings of stiffness, soreness, and discomfort, mild to severe pain that doesn’t go away, and shooting, aching, or burning pain. Fatigue, sleeplessness, and a weakened immune system may also occur.
Cleveland Clinic pain and wellness specialists offer 9 ways to tame chronic pain without medications or procedures.
Massage therapy is often associated with relaxation and finding relief from sore muscles, but did you know massage therapy benefits go beyond simple relaxation? Studies continue to show the positive effects massage therapy has on one’s health. Regardless of the reasons we turn to massage, incorporating this treatment into your healthcare regimen can help improve physical, mental, and emotional wellness.
Whether it’s for stress-relief or medical purposes, massage therapy can:
- Improve flexibility and range of motion, which helps to reduce and ease back pain.
- Stretch and exercise tight or weak muscles.
- Decrease the stress hormone, cortisol, while increasing the feel-good hormones, dopamine and serotonin. This results in less stress, depression, and anxiety
- Improve circulation due to oxygen and nutrients being kneaded through soft tissues and vital organs.
- Allow the body to maintain a level of stress-relief and relaxation resulting in fewer tension headaches and migraines and improved sleep quality.
- Manage and reduce chronic pain naturally to improve quality of life.
Find deep down relief in the comfort of your home with these products:
- The Neck and Shoulder Massager provides the utmost versatility for a deep-tissue massage. Equipped with a heating function this design provides targeted contact to penetrate deep into the muscle layers.
- Increase blood flow and comfort to create a complete, relaxing and therapeutic experience with the Sogno DreamWave Massage Chair.
- Perfect for toe, heel, and arch pain, the 360 Moji Foot Massager revitalizes sore, tired, and aching feet.
- The Kneading Back Massage Cushion penetrates deep for ultimate muscle stimulation and relaxation with heated, rotated massage heads.
Each October, physical therapists and physical therapists assistants are recognized for their hard work and dedication to restore and improve motion in people’s lives during National Physical Therapy month (NPTM). Lead by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), this month is intended to recognize the work of these trained specialists who help people restore or improve mobility, reduce pain, and stay fit and active throughout their lives.
At Relax The Back, we want to thank physical therapists and physical therapists assistants for all that they do and for referring our products to patients to aid in pain relief. The role physical therapy can play in our lives is sometimes misunderstood. These misconceptions can discourage people from seeking out a physical therapist in their area.
Move Forward PT is debunking some of these myths to help people find pain relief in their daily lives:
Do you wake up with back pain? Toss and turn throughout the night? Your preferred sleep position may be the culprit. Sleep experts suggest sleeping on your side to decrease the chance of interrupted sleep and to rest more comfortably. This sleep position aides in maintaining a neutral posture while taking pressure off of the spine. The same benefits can be achieved with an adjustable base or bed wedge. However, if you prefer other positions there are ways to ensure a restful sleep. Depending on your sleep position, knee spacers can also alleviate back pain by supporting the natural curve of your spine. This helpful infographic presents some more insight into the different sleep positions.
Visit us online at www.relaxtheback.com or stop by your local Relax The Back location to see our full collection of sleep products and speak with one of our trained specialists to help you sleep easier at night.