In the spirit of giving this holiday season, Relax The Back would like to give back to our community with our “Gifts That Relieve and Restore” Facebook Giveaway. Over the next 2 weeks, we will be giving away products to help you enjoy the holidays, and beyond, in comfort and relaxation.
To enter, simply click on the product below and Like or Comment on the Facebook post to be entered to win that day’s prize. A new giveaway prize will be revealed on the dates below. You may enter to win as many products as you would like.
Winners will be chosen on December 18th.
Open for Entry: December 2
Open for Entry: December 4
Revealed December 6:
Revealed December 9:
Revealed December 11:
Revealed December 13:
Revealed December 16:
Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for holiday promotions and tips to stay stress and pain free during this season.
Relax The Back knows giving thanks comes in many forms and we want to help our fans and clients rest easy this holiday season. We believe everyone deserves to have a relaxing holiday, free from back and neck pain. Enjoy your holidays in comfort this year – from Black Friday through Cyber Monday (11/29 – 12/2), get 15% off of hundreds of items (some exclusions apply), plus free shipping on orders over $1,000.
In addition to our 15% off Black Friday sale, we are also offering savings up to $300 off of our most popular Tempur-Pedic mattresses plus 60 month financing. Also, receive a free matching foundation with Tempur-Pedic Mattress set purchase OR a free gift (while supplies last).
Visit your local Relax The Back store for Thanksgiving weekend and Black Friday deals. If you don’t happen to live near one of our locations, don’t miss out on Cyber Monday at RelaxTheBack.com and be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more promotions.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Wondering what to get your loved ones this holiday season? We truly believe nothing brings joy like the gift of comfort. Relax The Back’s 2013 Holiday Gift Guide brings you the best gifts that are sure to relax, relieve pain and discomforts, restore muscles, and bring comfort to all members of the family.
Here are our top ten Ahh-inspiring gifts to help you shop for loved ones this season:
The holidays are officially upon us – baking, shopping and entertaining. While these are cheerful activities, they can also cause more stress than normal. Stress cannot only ruin your holidays, but it can also cause an increase in aches and pains and be harmful to your health.
We have put together a few tips to help reduce stress before it begins so you can enjoy the holidays:
- Make a shopping list: Wandering around aimlessly can cause your feet and back to hurt. Create an itemized list to help get you in and out of stores quickly. Also, don’t hesitate to ask staff for a certain item. In the end, it will save you time and energy.
- Stick with your daily routine: Prioritize your workouts, meals, book club, etc., to work with your holiday plans not against them.
- Plan Ahead: Holiday stress and pain can be reduced with sufficient planning. Plan your menus and then create your grocery list. Set aside specific days to focus on cooking, shopping, visiting friends and family, and other activities.
- Relax: Set aside a few moments of quiet time for yourself to de-stress and relax. Soak in a warm bath, meditate, or listen to soothing music.
- Just Say No: It’s difficult to turn down party invitations and get-togethers, but it is important to know your limits and decide on the best way to spend your time. Feeling overwhelmed and overbooked can lead to more stress.
- Go tech free: Turn off your tech devices or leave them in a different room all together. It will give your eyes a much-needed break from a screen while allowing you to spend quality time with friends and family.
- Add stress relieving products to your wish list: Ask for gifts the relieve pain and provide comfort and relaxation. To help you in your search, head to our Holiday Gift Guide board on Pinterest. For great gifts for mothers or the man in your life, take a look at our Top 5 Gifts for the Busy Mom in Your Life and our Top “Mancave” Picks.
We hope these tips help you have a stress free and pain free holiday season with friends and family. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter or visit your local Relax The Back store for more holiday gift ideas.
From the local café with the tasty cappuccinos to the clothing boutique around the corner, our streets are brimming with special stores that are the heartbeat of our neighborhood.
Small Business Saturday® is a day to support the local businesses we love. This year, we are proud to announce we are a supporter of Small Business Saturday®. The big day is Nov 30 and we want you to get out and Shop Small. Let’s make this the most successful Small Business Saturday yet! Find your local Relax The Back store to take part and Shop Small and discover more ways to join in at ShopSmall.com.
Sleep is essential to one’s health and wellbeing however, millions of people are not getting the adequate amount. Not getting enough sleep can cause serious health concerns. Chronic sleep loss results in weight gain, high blood pressure, and depression, to name a few. Quality sleep is not only important to combat the negatives but it also provides many positives to one’s life such as improved recovery time from injuries, better moods, and a healthier heart.
Below is a quick reference guide of the positive and negative effects of sleep:
Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more ways to improve your quality of sleep. Or visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with one of our trained specialists.
Often we do not think about or appreciate our ability to move freely and without pain until physical impairments or disabilities occur. These may be due to illness, injury, or muscle stiffness, to name a few. Physical therapists are trained to restore mobility and functional ability, as well as prevent injury and assist in overall health and wellness of their patients. If you are wondering if physical therapy can help you, here are some reasons why it is a good choice:
- Avoid Surgery: When it comes to relieving stiffness and moderate to severe pain from knee, back, and neck injuries, research has shown that physical therapy, combined with comprehensive medical management, is just as effective as surgery.
- Eliminate Pain: No matter which part of your body is in pain, physical therapy can alleviate and help manage pain and discomfort through specific exercises based on your injury, without invasive methods or expensive medications.
- Improve Mobility and Motion: Physical therapists create personalized treatment plans to help improve one’s balance, reduce the risk of injury and prevent falls.
- Health and Wellness: In addition to helping with injuries and illness, a physical therapist can create a plan specific to your fitness goals to help restore your health, as well as prevent injuries.
Physical therapists can also help you with arthritis, obesity, osteoporosis, stroke, sprains, and much more. Find more information on physical therapy at MoveForwardPT.com. The American Physical Therapy Association also makes it easy to find a physical therapist in your area.
Each October, the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) commemorates National Physical Therapy Month (NPTM) as a way of recognizing the impact physical therapist assistants and physical therapists make in restoring and improving motion in people’s lives.
Earlier this year Robin McKenzie, a pioneer of musculoskeletal disorders and their treatment, passed away after a courageous battle with cancer. Robin developed the McKenzie Method of Mechanical Diagnostics and Therapy (MDT) in 1950.
The McKenzie Method is based on the idea of self-care and patients managing their own pain. The MDT system consists of the following:
- Assessment: A well-defined algorithm leads to simple classification of spinal-related disorders and is unique to MTD. Disorders are addressed according to their unique nature with mechanical procedures utilizing movement and positions.
- Treatment: In order to restore function and independence, minimize visits to the clinic and diminish pain quickly, MTD uniquely emphasizes active patient involvement and education.
- Preventive measure: Educating patients to self-treat the present problem minimizes the risk of relapse and gives patients the skills to manage the pain themselves when symptoms occur.
Robin believed that self-treatment was the best way to achieve long lasting improvement of neck and back pain. MDT is recognized worldwide as a standard for management of low back pain as well as the basis on which Relax The Back was founded. Robin made great strides in the field of physical therapy and his legacy will live on through the McKenzie Institute International. You can find more information on the McKenzie Method and the McKenzie Institute International at McKenzieMDT.org.
Over the last eight weeks, Relax The Back introduced our community to our 24-hour approach to a good night’s sleep. We emphasized the importance of your daily routine and your sleep environment and the role it plays in effecting the quality of your sleep. Eight lucky winners were picked to receive products that would help them sleep more comfortably.
Congratulations to the following Relax The Back community members:
In addition to sleep facts, tips, and products, we provided our top sleep apps and gadgets to help you wake up feeling rested and refreshed. We truly hope these solutions, tips, and sleep products have helped inform you on the importance of adequate sleep and comfort.
The Better Sleep Council is a non-profit organization, devoted to educating the public on the importance of sleep. Established in 1979, they believe in the positive impact sleep has on one’s quality of life. Their goal is to ‘wake up’ the world to the value of a quality mattress and the vital role better sleep plays in having a happy, healthy lifestyle.
They share how one can improve their sleep environment with this tip:
For more sleep and mattress advice, be sure to visit BetterSleep.Org and follow them on Facebook and Twitter.